The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doubt and fear keep me on the ground :(

Anything related to matters of the mind

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
Hi everyone,
Just like a lot of you I'm really eager to start my own business. I jealously read your progress threads and I know that entrepreneurship is really the only path I want to walk in my life.
I've been thinking about starting a webshop selling Drones in my country, but my head keeps filling itself with doubts about everything (too much competition, my knowledge is too limited, low €/$ course discourages importing, not fastlane enough, etc....).
In two weeks I'll be starting my new job as a salesman for the consulting company that I currently work for. I'm making this carreer switch because I know that experience in selling will be valuable if - LATER - I run my own business. At the same time, however, I feel like I'm going to be wasting my time in this job and should just start off right now as an entrepreneur.
These thoughts keep racing through my head at 100mph, but in the meantime nothing happens and the days are ticking away :(
Just sharing my thoughts here... Any comments are appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Too much competition? Someone has to be at the top, why not you?
Don't know enough? Source a small quantity of drones and get them on eBay. From there, who knows how where the road will lead. Starting small will mean you don't have to leave your job for the time being.
You have two choices. Take your first baby step now and get the momentum going or keep over-thinking and still be in the same place in six months time.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Yes go ahead and get your sales job and work on your internet business in your spare time.
Just jump into it and start getting stuff done. You'll learn on the way.
You may be clueless at first, but eventually you'll be a seasoned expert.
Try different online strategies until you find one that works. Then find some more.
Never give up and you'll eventually succeed.
When you're making enough money from your business, you can quit your job.
That's what I did and now I have a reliable source of passive online income.

lukeymacca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 26, 2014
Sounds like we are at a similar stage in this journey. I believe that every single one of us are effected by our inner demons, fear and doubt. Like me you are at the stage now where you need to accept that you will always have this inner voice saying that you can’t/shouldn’t do it, but it’s time to block out the noise and follow your heart. By the sounds of it you have nothing to lose, stop listening to the voices in your head and just do it. The rest will sort itself out along the way. Good luck

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,
Just like a lot of you I'm really eager to start my own business. I jealously read your progress threads and I know that entrepreneurship is really the only path I want to walk in my life.
I've been thinking about starting a webshop selling Drones in my country, but my head keeps filling itself with doubts about everything (too much competition, my knowledge is too limited, low €/$ course discourages importing, not fastlane enough, etc....).
In two weeks I'll be starting my new job as a salesman for the consulting company that I currently work for. I'm making this carreer switch because I know that experience in selling will be valuable if - LATER - I run my own business. At the same time, however, I feel like I'm going to be wasting my time in this job and should just start off right now as an entrepreneur.
These thoughts keep racing through my head at 100mph, but in the meantime nothing happens and the days are ticking away :(
Just sharing my thoughts here... Any comments are appreciated!

No fear + No Doubt = No failure! Make a decisive move and have the courage to see it through! Best wishes to you.

Peace

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013

There is no courage without fear.

Competition = validates the market
Limited knowledge = learn how others do it, learn by doing yourself - treat your first business as a learning experience
low €/$ course discourages importing = don't listen to discouragement, listen to those who are succeeding
Not fastlane enough = your first venture can give you the knowledge you need when the right business comes along

What else?

Maybe it's time to relax and take a break. Meditate. Get rid of all your thoughts. It will help you think clearly afterwards.

@happybhoy is right. Take baby steps. Make your first sale and you'll get motivated to make 10 sales. Make 10 and aim 100, 1000, etc.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
4 words: Man the F**K UP!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I was here before bro.

These thoughts keep racing
You are thinking too much, you have said it yourself. I would advise you learning to meditate. Focus on your breathing only.

Read the introduction at least of the 50th Law by Robert Greene. It's about fearlessness.

There is so money to make... you can't even imagine.
I believe in you! Now get out there and do it! Be a warrior.

EDIT: Grammar.

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
Thanks alot for the support, everyone!

You're so right, I should just man up and act now. I ordered a second drone today and emailed a few suppliers on alibaba. I might even start a progress thread here. I guess if I keep making more and more babysteps eventually my doubts will fade away :)

Thanks again and let's do this!

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
Sounds like a good niche. Will you just be reselling them online from Alibaba?
Yes that's the plan. I might buy on alibaba, or through European importers

I'm new to Alibaba and everything seems kind of suspicious to me. I'm also having a hard time figuring out the shipping options and finding a manufacturer that offer low MOQs. I guess I better read some more alibaba tutorials first :)

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
Read the introduction at least of the 50th Law by Robert Greene. It's about fearlessness.

Wow what a great chapter. That is so true. I think our ancestors would be ashamed of how fearful we have become. Recommended to everyone: You can read the first chapter for free on amazon by clicking 'view inside'
http://www.amazon.com/dp/006177460X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

General reply to everyone:
Thanks for the motivating comments. Whenever I'm doubting to proceed I reread this topic and it pushes me back on the rails!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.