The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't be afraid to argue!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
No, I am not condoning violence! But I do recommend pragmatism.

Dealing with people is a very vital key to Fastlane success. MJ was quite brief on it, but he was not writing a Dale Carnegie clone. (Do read how to win friends and influence people by Carnegie himself, it's good and he is a Fastlane story too, his record is quite clean). I must excuse myself for sounding judgemental about ourselves, but I think that we judge everything and anything. In the Fastlane, we look at opportunities, scams and seminars with skepticism. But as long as we try to be diplomatic and be open, it shouldn't be an issue.

I went to my old school's open day, and was approached by the mother of one of my juniors. She was concerned with his pick of career choices, and inquired whether he could enter a culinary institution based on his love for cooking.

My bullshit meter started beeping ( as 'doing what you like for a living' is dangerous) but I did not admonish her, with sympathy for her. I mean, not everyone knows of the Fastlane...

I asked her to consider whether my junior could add something NEW, say for example more efficient kitchen tools to help chefs do cleaner and efficient cooking, or invent some kind of sauce that infuses better taste and spirit. Or could he provide a better transportation service for supplying at cheaper and faster rates?

Could he eliminate costs in a restaurant environment? The restaurant industry is a high-kill spot, in which the smallest errors can lead to death quickly, as in the small rat in the corner nibbling away at scraps or the spider doing winter sports on your ice-cream. I went to a coffee shop in my town, and it had touch screens to order food instead of waiters. Very quick and apt. Loved it! In the long run all you need to pay for is for electricity. The bitching of lowly-paid waiters is well eliminated as well.

Then my junior's mother asked me about video games, whether her child could find an industrial position in it. I told her that he would be better off SELLING the games instead of making them. Creating a website like Steam would be a boom. Throw in benefits for indies and things will get heaty!

Ironically his mother remarked that her son would need DISCIPLINE...which I agree to be central to the Fastlane. And of course...if my junior had the DISCIPLINE, he would have came to me personally to ask my opinion....weird guy, but I did what I could.

When I shared my talk with my parents, they reproached me for forcing my opinion on others. They told me that not everyone was going to accept my ideas, and that I had to be careful.

The last time I heard about the benefits of being 'safe' and 'careful' was when those advice-givers sank into Slowlane mediocrity. Go to school, get a job with excellent benefits, invest 10 percent....
That conversation became rather violent, but I'm not the least worried as:

1. I am an individual. I don't care if I'm talking with the Prime Minister. I am not afraid to say what I feel needs to be said because my words are VALUE. I give VALUE. On this forum, I try my best to share what I know and open QUESTIONS that lead to ANSWERS. ANSWERS that lead to SOLUTIONS...that's what the market wants.

2. I gave the BEST ADVICE I did not give hypocrital advice that did me no good. What, study to get a sad job, with a load of debt on your shoulders? Do you know how long will it take to overcome that debt before you can provide value to the world effectively, let alone achieve your dreams? I basically gave him THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE FASTLANE. I allowed him to find freedom and his dreams.

3. I did not force my ideas on my junior's mother. She knows what is best for her son, and I respect that. In fact he's only 16...still very early! We discussed things in an orderly manner.
It's find to disagree, for it opens possibilities to learn! We learn about others' weaknesses, motives and desires, and who knows they have a need to be fulfilled!
The slowlane depends on butt-kissing, politics to please the boss and lack of independence, all for a measely promotion or reputation!

What slavery!

The Fastlane leverages on knowledge! Dynamic knowledge that harbours on real feedback and opinions of others! The world moves faster than we know, and the only way to catch up is to interact with it, not hide in some Slowlane shell!
ENGAGE! STATE your POINT! Agree to disagree...but remain calm, observe ideas, and move on to apply the best ones! And that is the crux of this forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
thank you very much

my father asked me to think about a project he would like to do with me

but he is not a marketer and he doesn't know anything about business.

business is not about having a good idea and doing it anyway

business is about finding what people want and giving it to them. finding a problem to solve

a lot of people can't understand that

this is human psychology at work : we love chocolate and we think that fish ( customers) will love chocolate too

the problem with people like my father :

1) they don't know anything about business , marketing or human psychology

2) they dont like to be proven wrong about them ignoring reality

so what can we do to avoid confrontations ?

social engineering : manipulating people so everyone wins in the end

i will manipulate my father so he can see reality without him being proven wrong

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
thank you very much

my father asked me to think about a project he would like to do with me

but he is not a marketer and don't know anything about business.

business is not about having a good idea and do it anyway

business is about finding what people want and giving it to them. finding a need to solve

a lot of people can't understand that

this is human psychology at work : we love chocolate so we think that fish ( customers) will love chocolate too

the problem with people like my father :

1) they don't know anything about business , marketing or human psychology

2) they don"t like to be proved wrong abut them ignoring reality

so what can we do to avoid confrontations ?

social engineering : manipulating people so that everyone wins in the end

i will manipulate my father so he can see reality without him being proved wrong
Tell me everything after your mission! :)
Now this is when things get so exciting! That's an excellent way to bring in even the most stubborn customers!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Tell me everything after your mission! :)
Now this is when things get so exciting! That's an excellent way to bring in even the most stubborn customers!

yes

in fact, i have been studying social engineering for a long time

escaping people's nonsense is the way to earn " my degree" in social engineering.

i will tell you guys how i dit it . this is a big battle ahead.

mastering people's perception is the best skill you can ever acquire to succeed at anything when people are involved in a situation like business or whatever.

you'd better become a Grand Master at this

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
yes

in fact, i have been studying social engineering for a long time

escaping people's nonsense is the way to earn " my degree" in social engineering.

i will tell you guys how i dit it . this is a big battle ahead.

mastering people's perception is the best skill you can ever acquire to succeed at anything when people are involved in a situation like business or whatever.

you'd better become a Grand Master at this

In fact, this is how money gurus mantain their fame and fortune event though they are selling bullcrap.

Their niches may be on vital issues like finance which is too wide and controversial, and they SUPPOSEDLY promise to answer such questions through 'common-sensical approach' and 'straight-talk'. Spotted many such words in their book sypnosis...copywriting! As a result, the ignorant come in droves, further pulled in by their 'virtuous talk', promising to give them the strength to achieve greater heights. The bad thing is....there are too many ignorant people in this world to continue fueling these engines of hypocrital mahogany.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
In fact, this is how money gurus mantain their fame and fortune event though they are selling bullcrap.

Their niches may be on vital issues like finance which is too wide and controversial, and they SUPPOSEDLY promise to answer such questions through 'common-sensical approach' and 'straight-talk'. Spotted many such words in their book sypnosis...copywriting! As a result, the ignorant come in droves, further pulled in by their 'virtuous talk', promising to give them the strength to achieve greater heights. The bad thing is....there are too many ignorant people in this world to continue fueling these engines of hypocrital mahogany.

tools are neutral

you can use electricity to light your home or to kill someone

electricity is neutral, it is your intention which is good or bad

social engineering can be used in different ways

mastering people's perception is about managing egos and ignorance

anyone should read dale carnegie's " How to win friends and influence people "

what is the lesson of the book : people are emotional creatures and they won't accept argument. to win someone , we have to manage perception

so we have to use tools to manage relationship.

we can't say to our parents, our customers, our lovers that they are wrong

humans don't work that way

in fact, people with low self esteem can be very dangerous if proven wrong

" Law 19 Know Who You’re Dealing with – Do Not Offend the Wrong Person "

The 48 laws of power

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Now to think of it, the middle class that comprises the majority of the population are subjugated very effectively by the Slowlane propaganda of 'Go to school, get a high-paying job, invest in stocks and mutual funds to get rich, play it safe' because the mainstream media depicts them as CORRECT ADVICE and even rewards the Slowlane gurus who champion them....when closer inspection of such advice by MJ shows that it is DANGEROUSLY WRONG especially in this information age.

And so because humans think that that Slowlane BS is right, they continue persistently until a Lehman brothers event happens or a major economic crash wakes them up, and it's too late....

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I believe there are certain people you may be able to speak with that are open to Entrepreneurship and there are others you know that aren't going to accept it. In my personal experience, I know right away whether they're open to Entrepreneurship or Fastlane Beliefs.

I understand some people aren't ready to hear the truth, don't accept the truth, and don't know want to know the truth. I already face a lot of people like this already, that don't want to be conscious and psychologically aware. They get bent out of shape if you talk about it, because it means their belief systems have to collapse. That is difficult to process sometimes.

I accept great minds think a like, if they are open to it, and I share it. If they're closed minded to begin with why waste my time and energy. It's not my issue, my problem, and unless they're paying me, not worth the hassle.
I think that's why they say, we're like 2% to 5% of the world, because people choose not to be here.

iellebelle

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 27, 2016
I think your advice is spot on. I wish someone had given me that at 16! I would have done things a lot differently.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
No, I am not condoning violence! But I do recommend pragmatism.

Dealing with people is a very vital key to Fastlane success. MJ was quite brief on it, but he was not writing a Dale Carnegie clone. (Do read how to win friends and influence people by Carnegie himself, it's good and he is a Fastlane story too, his record is quite clean). I must excuse myself for sounding judgemental about ourselves, but I think that we judge everything and anything. In the Fastlane, we look at opportunities, scams and seminars with skepticism. But as long as we try to be diplomatic and be open, it shouldn't be an issue.

I went to my old school's open day, and was approached by the mother of one of my juniors. She was concerned with his pick of career choices, and inquired whether he could enter a culinary institution based on his love for cooking.

My bullshit meter started beeping ( as 'doing what you like for a living' is dangerous) but I did not admonish her, with sympathy for her. I mean, not everyone knows of the Fastlane...

I asked her to consider whether my junior could add something NEW, say for example more efficient kitchen tools to help chefs do cleaner and efficient cooking, or invent some kind of sauce that infuses better taste and spirit. Or could he provide a better transportation service for supplying at cheaper and faster rates?

Could he eliminate costs in a restaurant environment? The restaurant industry is a high-kill spot, in which the smallest errors can lead to death quickly, as in the small rat in the corner nibbling away at scraps or the spider doing winter sports on your ice-cream. I went to a coffee shop in my town, and it had touch screens to order food instead of waiters. Very quick and apt. Loved it! In the long run all you need to pay for is for electricity. The bitching of lowly-paid waiters is well eliminated as well.

Then my junior's mother asked me about video games, whether her child could find an industrial position in it. I told her that he would be better off SELLING the games instead of making them. Creating a website like Steam would be a boom. Throw in benefits for indies and things will get heaty!

Ironically his mother remarked that her son would need DISCIPLINE...which I agree to be central to the Fastlane. And of course...if my junior had the DISCIPLINE, he would have came to me personally to ask my opinion....weird guy, but I did what I could.

When I shared my talk with my parents, they reproached me for forcing my opinion on others. They told me that not everyone was going to accept my ideas, and that I had to be careful.

The last time I heard about the benefits of being 'safe' and 'careful' was when those advice-givers sank into Slowlane mediocrity. Go to school, get a job with excellent benefits, invest 10 percent....
That conversation became rather violent, but I'm not the least worried as:

1. I am an individual. I don't care if I'm talking with the Prime Minister. I am not afraid to say what I feel needs to be said because my words are VALUE. I give VALUE. On this forum, I try my best to share what I know and open QUESTIONS that lead to ANSWERS. ANSWERS that lead to SOLUTIONS...that's what the market wants.

2. I gave the BEST ADVICE I did not give hypocrital advice that did me no good. What, study to get a sad job, with a load of debt on your shoulders? Do you know how long will it take to overcome that debt before you can provide value to the world effectively, let alone achieve your dreams? I basically gave him THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE FASTLANE. I allowed him to find freedom and his dreams.

3. I did not force my ideas on my junior's mother. She knows what is best for her son, and I respect that. In fact he's only 16...still very early! We discussed things in an orderly manner.
It's find to disagree, for it opens possibilities to learn! We learn about others' weaknesses, motives and desires, and who knows they have a need to be fulfilled!
The slowlane depends on butt-kissing, politics to please the boss and lack of independence, all for a measely promotion or reputation!

What slavery!

The Fastlane leverages on knowledge! Dynamic knowledge that harbours on real feedback and opinions of others! The world moves faster than we know, and the only way to catch up is to interact with it, not hide in some Slowlane shell!
ENGAGE! STATE your POINT! Agree to disagree...but remain calm, observe ideas, and move on to apply the best ones! And that is the crux of this forum!

what qualifies you to give advice to others?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
what qualifies you to give advice to others?
When I have seen something work, and the variables to that working are present and replicable, I present that as advice. But it is merely a suggestion. We don't have to follow everything 100% like sheep. We are free to mold ideas and pointers into Fastlane constructs.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I believe there are certain people you may be able to speak with that are open to Entrepreneurship and there are others you know that aren't going to accept it. In my personal experience, I know right away whether they're open to Entrepreneurship or Fastlane Beliefs.

Ha, ha! I know right! And often that experience gets awfully AWKWARD :mask:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i am forced to use social engeneering as i told you before and i will explain WHY

1) my father is a 70 years old retiree and he is kind of a " poor dad" model as described in Robert Kiyosaki book's " rich dad poor dad"

poor.png

2) he has always been an employee and he believes that being an entrepreneur is being " a technician slave " as described by Michael Gerber in the entrepreneurial myth
myth.jpg

3) like most parents, my father doesn't believe that his son knows better than him and he won't listen to me

because after all, " parents know better " :smoking:

think about that : even a nobel prize winner will be treated like a kid, by his or her own parents. this is human nature .

remember the Indiana Jones movies : Indiana Jones is treated like a kid by his father

jones.jpg

considering this 3 points, what can i do ?

the answer : creating a story about me asking questions on this forum about entrepreneurship and " being told " the truth

therefore , i am not the dumb kid anymore that is teaching his father

authority is now teaching my father ( the milionaires authority )

this is just the begining of the battle

remember : we can't argue with some people because they can't understand what we are saying. we have to use tools for that.

life is not fair anyway. at all

so i will post here , once it is ready the exact story i used , with explanations and so on

i will post it as a document

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yes, someone who has the track record to show should state the honest to goodness facts.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I didn't really understand why kiyosaki stated that he was a best selling author instead of a best writing author until now

MJ did credit him to be a Fastlane success.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
i am forced to use social engeneering as i told you before and i will explain WHY

1) my father is a 70 years old retiree and he is kind of a " poor dad" model as described in Robert Kiyosaki book's " rich dad poor dad"

View attachment 13662

2) he has always been an employee and he believes that being an entrepreneur is being " a technician slave " as described by Michael Gerber in the entrepreneurial myth
View attachment 13661

3) like most parents, my father doesn't believe that his son knows better than him and he won't listen to me

because after all, " parents know better " :smoking:

think about that : even a nobel prize winner will be treated like a kid, by his or her own parents. this is human nature .

remember the Indiana Jones movies : Indiana Jones is treated like a kid by his father

View attachment 13663

considering this 3 points, what can i do ?

the answer : creating a story about me asking questions on this forum about entrepreneurship and " being told " the truth

therefore , i am not the dumb kid anymore that is teaching his father

authority is now teaching my father ( the milionaires authority )

this is just the begining of the battle

remember : we can't argue with some people because they can't understand what we are saying. we have to use tools for that.

life is not fair anyway. at all

so i will post here , once it is ready the exact story i used , with explanations and so on

i will post it as a document
You are 40? Why do you care what your dad thinks? Why waste energy?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
You are 40? Why do you care what your dad thinks? Why waste energy?

1)this is not like people in the street.

you can afford to be arrogant with people in the street because you won't see them again and they don't have the power to destroy your life

but this is different with one's family. we will see them for a lifetime and they have the power to take revenge

my father is one of Robert Greene's models described in "law no 19 : do not offend the wrong person " from the 48 laws of power book

the model is the snake:

these people don't show anger when things don't go like they want but they will take revenge later with inteligence

i have to fight human nature the right way.

i have no time to waste facing my dad ego. life is short.

we had better choose the right battle

2) ---- > so i just gave him the 27 pages report i made for him at christmas.

as expected, he looked at it for a few minutes then threw it away somewhere in the library

the fastlane mindset didn't even pull a smile out of his mouth

because he belongs to the 80 % of people who don't understand anything about business philosophy.

but at least, i think he will delay his absurd project.

Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
"I wish I had argued more" - said no one on their death bed ever.

What a sad thread.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
"I wish I had argued more" - said no one on their death bed ever.

What a sad thread.
I think what he really means is, 'be who you are; don't hold back.' (I'd venture that MANY people regret not doing that enough on their deathbed.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.