The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dom's Fastlane Creation

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Hi,

I'm Dom, you can find my intro over here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/42659-hi-im-dom-belgium.html

Current situation:

So I just got a new job(Sales Coordinator) for 2 weeks now and I can feel the Slowlane dragging me to mediocrity and I DON'T want this to happen, so it's time for action.

Working from 8-5 (gone from 7 till 5.30) really pulled my focus away from my own development. (reading and business research)
I can see how this struggle keeps most people on the slowlane. Come home after a hard day at the office, eat dinner and get in front of the TV, stare at some depressing news 'facts' and worthless tv shows and go to sleep so you can wake up to go and work for someone else's business.
Another slowlaner is born.

DISGUSTING!

So, new plan.

I will do my best at my day job to raise money for business startups. I curently still live with my parents so it's pretty easy to save money for me. (I pay them a fee but not as much as I would have to spend when I live on my own).
My first big goal will be to create one or more businesses that can bring in as much as my current day job does.
I'm getting $2600 (before taxes) a month, $31.600/year.
This may grow to $3000 after the 6 month trial period.
I know it's not much but it's a start and I will save close to $1000/month. (estimated)

Now for the fastlane part.

I started a website in June, thinking I would make easy money with adsense. http://www.fastcarspot.com

The mistakes I made were that there was no demand for it, doesn't create value whatsoever and was selfish to create something I wanted instead of something 'consumers' would want.

The lessons I learned are how to set up a basic website, perform basic SEO and I got a feeling of what it's like to create/own/manage a website. I'm still glad I did it, maybe not worth the money but it was fun.

A few weeks ago I went to a friend who needed help and advice setting up an indoor garden.
I have lots of experience in this field and am considered an 'expert' by lots of people.

All of a sudden it connected in my brain, I should make money doing this.

Options:
1) Blog giving advice, tips,... on growing plants indoors. Make money using adsense. I think I can provide a lot of value considering my experience in buying stuff, setting up, testing, growing plants. I can at least create 50 usefull posts.
Downside: Not much profit to be made, dependant of google and search engines.

2) Blog with an ebook that I can sell for $....
Downside: Ebooks can be pirated. There are lots of free ebooks on this subject. (if you search for the ebook, people using other search term will not find ebooks easily)

3) Blog/ebook site WITH an Ecommerce store connected to it. Basically in indoor garden store but with the added value of lots of information that most beginners don't have or don't want to spend much time on researching. (will this enough to seperate me from the rest of the pack??)
Downside: Importing all the different products needed(lights, fans, fertiliser, soil,...) seems expensive and almost impossible.

4) Just the Ecommerce using a dropshipper.
Downside: Not a lot of dropshippers in this niche, low margins(possibly good enough), they need much information on my (not yet existing) site so I'm not even sure they will allow me to use some sort of dropshipping service.

How would you guys try to tackle this niche I you were me? :p
The ecommerce should be able to bring in the estimated $2600/month.

Now the keywords I would try to dominate have a pretty low average PR rating in the top 10 of google but get some pretty good traffic worldwide according to the keyword tool. Some even 20-40k exact monthly searches and an average PR of 1.1.

Thank in advance! Really excited :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

moonjun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 6, 2012
Why not you do it and tell us what happens?

If you think that it can bring in $2.6k a month,
why not do it? you can always use that income
to build up your other niches when you find
them.

$2.6 isn't all that bad dude

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
I don't know, I guess I just want some input from guys who have done it before :) .
U mean that a $2600/month before taxes for 38 hours of work is not that bad?
I get to keep about $1750 after taxes.
Lots of people have to do with less though so you are right that I shouldn't complain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.