- Joined
- Nov 29, 2015
- Messages
- 169
Rep Bank
$1,105
$1,105
User Power: 204%
I want to share some things I have been learning about building a brand and increasing my income 1st, entrepreneurship is endless rejection; I say as more of statement to remember. I was featured in a national news outlet for my brand awhile ago; I pitched hundreds of reporters to get that interview. I even spend 30+ days working with editors only to have their advising editor to pull the piece right before it was published. Lots of things will fall through; it incredibly disappointing.
I'm learning quickly is that I might hire 5 to 10 Freelancers to work with me to do a job, and out of them, only 2 them have done really good work. I have pitched 500+ businesses in the past year. I have only worked with ten or twenty of these companies. Many of them don't reply. Some of them are not the right fit. Some of them I spend a lot of hours emailing with to end up not working together. Either way, once again it can be disappointing, but instead, I am learning to get better at prospecting and also learning how to systemize my client onboarding process.
The thing I'm seeing more and more about business and entrepreneurship is to constantly be filling your pipeline and working is the only way to always have customers/work and also always have a ton activities going at once that could yield results going on at once (because many activities them will fall through).
If you want to get press do not rely on a few editors. Set up interviews with tons of magazines, because if all of them fall through, 1 still might work. If you want clients or customers pitch hundreds/do tons of promotion, so even if you 'fail' you still will make some money.
I like the idea that if you want to make $10,000, you should act like you need to make $100,000.
This is a pretty general post, but what I'm talking about is that if you want better results, you have to do more of the things you know work. Since I know the way I pitch works, if I want more clients for my company, all I have to do is systemize that pitching process with employees and scale up.
Entrepreneurship is hard. Give yourself a path to results by doing more of the work that is effective.
Thanks, hope this was helpful.
I'm learning quickly is that I might hire 5 to 10 Freelancers to work with me to do a job, and out of them, only 2 them have done really good work. I have pitched 500+ businesses in the past year. I have only worked with ten or twenty of these companies. Many of them don't reply. Some of them are not the right fit. Some of them I spend a lot of hours emailing with to end up not working together. Either way, once again it can be disappointing, but instead, I am learning to get better at prospecting and also learning how to systemize my client onboarding process.
The thing I'm seeing more and more about business and entrepreneurship is to constantly be filling your pipeline and working is the only way to always have customers/work and also always have a ton activities going at once that could yield results going on at once (because many activities them will fall through).
If you want to get press do not rely on a few editors. Set up interviews with tons of magazines, because if all of them fall through, 1 still might work. If you want clients or customers pitch hundreds/do tons of promotion, so even if you 'fail' you still will make some money.
I like the idea that if you want to make $10,000, you should act like you need to make $100,000.
This is a pretty general post, but what I'm talking about is that if you want better results, you have to do more of the things you know work. Since I know the way I pitch works, if I want more clients for my company, all I have to do is systemize that pitching process with employees and scale up.
Entrepreneurship is hard. Give yourself a path to results by doing more of the work that is effective.
Thanks, hope this was helpful.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
