The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dog App for university entrepeneurship course

Nyu212

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2019
Dear Fast-Laners,

I am taking an entrepeneurship course in uni right now - it's basically a business plan for a new product. It is a group work and one of our team members handed in an idea for a dog related app...right before quitting the course leaving clueless people with no dog experience. Are there any dog owners here that might share some insight what dog owners could love in a dog related app? (That's not yet on the market of course)

Right now I came up with the idea of focusing on the target group of new dog owners getting a puppy for the first time. I thought about the following functions :
- You set up a profile for your dog with breed, age, weight and get customized recommendations for food intake and walk distance
- A "crash course" based on a calender which basically gives you push notifactions at certain timestamps after getting the dog indicating what the dog should be learning now and when inoculations are recommended.

But as you see I am kinda lost right now having no experience as a dog owners. There are so many apps out there right now for literally everything, the most sucessful probably being fitness/health related apps connected to smart collars/dog tags.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Dear Fast-Laners,

I am taking an entrepeneurship course in uni right now - it's basically a business plan for a new product. It is a group work and one of our team members handed in an idea for a dog related app...right before quitting the course leaving clueless people with no dog experience. Are there any dog owners here that might share some insight what dog owners could love in a dog related app? (That's not yet on the market of course)

Right now I came up with the idea of focusing on the target group of new dog owners getting a puppy for the first time. I thought about the following functions :
- You set up a profile for your dog with breed, age, weight and get customized recommendations for food intake and walk distance
- A "crash course" based on a calender which basically gives you push notifactions at certain timestamps after getting the dog indicating what the dog should be learning now and when inoculations are recommended.

But as you see I am kinda lost right now having no experience as a dog owners. There are so many apps out there right now for literally everything, the most sucessful probably being fitness/health related apps connected to smart collars/dog tags.

I think there is a ton of room for cool apps in the dog world. As a new dog owner, I think of ideas on a daily basis.

A training app that has video and digital tutorials on training techniques and allows you to track the training you do with your own dog would be super cool. For example, I taught my dog to shake two days ago. It took about 50 repetitions on night one. The next morning he had it down. Okay... I'm bragging, but I digress.

Training him to heel is more difficult. It needs to happen in specific stages and the number of repetitions would be interesting to track. I track it in a notebook but not close enough because it's messy and disorganized.

An app that showed me how many repetitions it took me to train my dog a trick and then factored that into the averages for all dogs using the app to give me an "intelligence" score would be rad... People love thinking their dog is smart.

If you could get people to take a picture of their dog and upload it with the breed you are entering the realm of training machine learning models. That's valuable...

Nyu212

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2019
I think there is a ton of room for cool apps in the dog world. As a new dog owner, I think of ideas on a daily basis.

A training app that has video and digital tutorials on training techniques and allows you to track the training you do with your own dog would be super cool. For example, I taught my dog to shake two days ago. It took about 50 repetitions on night one. The next morning he had it down. Okay... I'm bragging, but I digress.

Training him to heel is more difficult. It needs to happen in specific stages and the number of repetitions would be interesting to track. I track it in a notebook but not close enough because it's messy and disorganized.

An app that showed me how many repetitions it took me to train my dog a trick and then factored that into the averages for all dogs using the app to give me an "intelligence" score would be rad... People love thinking their dog is smart.

If you could get people to take a picture of their dog and upload it with the breed you are entering the realm of training machine learning models. That's valuable...

Thanks for the input!
But isn't that quite similar to what "Dogo" does? It's a command training app that let's you compete with other users which I guess is similar to your "intelligence score".

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Thanks for the input!
But isn't that quite similar to what "Dogo" does? It's a command training app that let's you compete with other users which I guess is similar to your "intelligence score".

Yeah, I guess it is! I'm gonna go download that asap!

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I would love a common application to adopt. Seems like everyone has their own form and it can turn into another job.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a dog and worry about him being left home alone for days in something happened to me. I wanted to create an app where every time I leave the house a countdown starts, if my phone doesn't return home within the next say 6 hours, it will text someone to let them know that I haven't arrived home and to check on my dog.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.