Just as the title says, I'm curious about forum-goers thoughts about cold emails and their effectiveness.
Currently, I'm looking for a way to fill up my freelance pipeline. I've been a web developer for around 6 years and have a senior level dev on my team with twice that experience. Upwork is nice, and we get work that way but it doesn't really have the same potential for profit as direct contact with clients has (both because of the 20% cut taken by upwork as well as the type of clients that tend to post there). I'd also like as many avenues for clients as possible and feel using just one strategy is a waste.
I've been trying cold emails, but already see many flaws in doing so. Cold calls are another option, but i haven't tried them extensively as of yet.
Any suggestions on marketing methods? Are ads really the best option? What forms of outreach have you tried that worked in the past?
Currently, I'm looking for a way to fill up my freelance pipeline. I've been a web developer for around 6 years and have a senior level dev on my team with twice that experience. Upwork is nice, and we get work that way but it doesn't really have the same potential for profit as direct contact with clients has (both because of the 20% cut taken by upwork as well as the type of clients that tend to post there). I'd also like as many avenues for clients as possible and feel using just one strategy is a waste.
I've been trying cold emails, but already see many flaws in doing so. Cold calls are another option, but i haven't tried them extensively as of yet.
Any suggestions on marketing methods? Are ads really the best option? What forms of outreach have you tried that worked in the past?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
