What's new

Does charity yield more sales? Other benefits?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

jlwilliams

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
270
Rep Bank
$1,415
User Power: 200%
I'm working my way through creating a brand in a fairly crowded industry. There are days when I see and feel progress, and there are times when this feels like it's over the horizon somewhere, and I spend too much time analyzing each nuance.

I have identified an under served niche that I'm going after. I have the LLC process started (using a lawyer so that I get an entity I can have confidence in, but the lawyer does add time and cost) I have an artist who is doing some concept drawings for my logo and labels. Label appearance is huge, particularly in a crowded field of players. I'm still working on a couple aspects of my marketing plan; which is where I come to this question.

If I donate a portion of sales to a charity and publicize that in my add copy and on the web site (and everywhere I can squeeze the words "A portion of each sale benefits ____") will that translate to more sales? I'm sure that some people are motivated by that, and I can't help but think it will open doors, but I am wondering if I can quantify a likely prediction as to what this will do for my business.

There are many reasons I think that giving has a place in this venture. Some philanthropic, and some more self centered and I'm not ashamed of that. I can help people, and I can give my brand the public face of integrity. I can legally get tax benefits from this, so why shouldn't I? I can likely get some publicity from the charities I help, and I can give them publicity by mentioning them in my advertising. It just seems like something that has a lot of good to go around. Is this something I'm considering in large part because it will benefit me? Yes. Helping others will help me. Not least of which by raising my credibility, which is likely greater than the direct gain of people buying because they support the charity. I think that when I go from my initial e-tail phase to JV-ing with marketers who can catapult my brand, this sort of action at the inception of the project will make my brand something that credible, successful marketers want to be a part of.

Do any of you do this? How does it do for you? Are there any considerations you'd like to bring up as I contemplate this possible move?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom