What's new

Dodgy CPC

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mtnman

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
User Power: 28%
I'm not super experienced in the area of CPC, but I have been reading on some other forums about a few other Google items that may affect things in a funny way. I figured I'd ask you guys, as I trust this group much more than other places.

When running Google Analytics, I understand it monitors your inbound traffic and that changes the cpc scale for bidding in your category. In other words, your account isn't immune from pinging the overall stats, even if you are acquiring that traffic through those paid ads. This is contradictory in a way.

I couldn't understand how a given set of keywords was rising when hardly anyone else was bidding. A few people have suggested that Google is sneaky with their accessory programs (analytics)--meaning they run certain scripts in their free alternate programs to aid certain services they profit from.

This "could" explain how costs are rising with no explanation. But, I also wouldn't doubt it if it's not their priority to allow me to see all of the necessary data for a given campaign, such as a few bids here and there.

Seems logical to me, or at least, I don't discredit those opinions. I'm just interested in all the avenue's I might not fully understand because certain things don't add up all the time. Opinions? Experiences?

Oh, and I have seen many recommendations around the web to switch to many different analytics programs, downing Google's in a way, but always assumed it was just another way of marketing a given software. It would kind of make sense to use products not affiliated with the same company you buy campaigns from. Any thoughts?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Fu e tiesdj up Huuhmi gus "raemovz tdusi."

Katv moli vjios tiesdj emhusovjn, vjisi esi nepz foggisipv wesoecmit cioph atif xjodj esi djephif sihamesmz. Qmipvz ug vjiusoit, tuni ug xjodj nez ci sohjv vufez cav xsuph vunussux. Upmz atigam xez vu gohasi uav xjev ot huoph up ot vjsuahj zuas uxp vitvoph.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom