The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

do you think that people who spend too much time on TV can tell the difference between acting and real life?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
And no, I'm not asking of you think they're lying - I'm sure there is plenty of that.

I think that some actors, politicians, and other TV personalities develop a type of psychosis where they can't differentiate whatever world they're pretending to be a part of on TV and the actual world. Maybe it's less severe, and they just live in a bubble, with the consequences that you'd expect.

But I think that spending too much time around cameras or TV, even for regular people, leads people to believe that they must constantly live life as some sort of performance, where they have lines that they must deliver and a character role that they must act them out as. They have a weird effect on our psyche.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I don't know much about psychosis. Isn't it pertain to awareness? I gotta study it anyway.

Demarco's Book Unscripted : Chapter 17-The Lies we Believe - The 8 Belief Scams: Page 107-110 - there is a sentence: "When the World is Buying, You are selling"

Most people watch TV by sitting on couch, these kind of most people don't have awareness aka lens.
Most people can't even count the cost (simple economics) of doing something and not doing something.
I think it boils down to thinking in hard way and thinking on their feet.
There is a saying: "Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge". -- Carl Jung.
But If the thought process pertains some level of psychology and cognitive bias, it becomes almost piece of cake - I mean things start to get emotionally recognition

Here is the best part: The guys who create couches in the factory and sell couches = they are the smartest people

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Someone told me about something called a "Parasocial" relationship the other day, where people enter into a relationship with a social media blogger, vlogger, personality, etc.

This person speaks to them while locking eye contact, sometimes daily, for years. They feel like they know everything about this person.

But if they met in real life, the other person would have no clue who the watcher is.

Crazy thing is, we all probably have parasocial relationships with others nowadays. And what's crazier is how much cumulative time is spent in parasocial settings.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
world they're pretending to be a part of on TV and the actual world.

What is the "Actual World"? I don't think anyone's ever actually been there.

Everyone lives in a microcosm, colored by their own experiences and beliefs and social circles.

This is why there is such massive divides in beliefs and attitudes among even the very intelligent. Doesn't matter if you're religious or atheist, conservative or liberal, rich or poor, or anything else - everyone sees their lives through their own lens and believes they live in the "real world" and wishes everyone else would just "open their eyes".

Sure, there are pretenders out there - but the vast majority of people people are genuine. They just don't share your view of the world because they've lived and experienced a different "actual world" from you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
We all represent ourselves to the outside world as the best possible version of who we think we could be.

We're all actors watching actors.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
It is usually the viewers with the problem, not the actors.

This is why so many people are disappointed when they randomly meet someone they 'know' from the telly in the supermarket for example.

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.