The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrencies saved my granddad's life.

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Craael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,050%
Dec 18, 2017
Ireland
I'm your basic 25 years old 9-5 employee making an average salary in Ireland. Few months ago I was browsing the net and came across a website (bittrex) that offers cryptocurrency trading, so I did my research and few days later, exactly on 25. June 2017 I bought my first 0.25btc (around 500e back then) and started trading. Ethereum, antshares, litecoin, stratis, waves and so on and so on, I lost few $ on shilled coins but I gained much more on ICOs and altcoin trading.

After few months I was looking at a portfolio of over 5000e without any further investment mostly achieved by the rocket moon of bitcoin and just by doing some turnarounds and daily trades. That was in September 30th and on that day my grandfather has been diagnosed with a non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), in an early stage where his right side of lungs is affected by a tumour. We're originally from Slovakia so the only option to get this treated was to undergo a surgery to remove the tumour, but considering how bad is the Slovakian healthcare we weren't willing to go forward with this procedure(only procedure covered by his healthcare). The only option was to privately pay for a treatment abroad. After a very long search we found a private clinic that could help us, Oncology clinic in Prague, which was costly but they had the best surgeons to help us.

Few days passed and we received a quote for the treatment. Where the F*ck are we going to get 7900e was the next question that went through my mind, my grandparents are on absolutely hilarious Slovakian pension of 420e/month and there was no way they could afford this. My mother couldn't help because her financial situation wasn't any better and then it struck me...Let's take the profits from crypto and use it to pay for the surgery and that's exactly what I did. I cashed out all my crypto and ended up with 6300e on my bank account. Flew to Prague to undergo the initial examination and few weeks later, on 17th of November my granddad had a surgery where the whole right side of his lungs had to be removed due to the spread of the tumour. His weight dropped to 62kg(-18kg in less than two months) and he was having horrendous pains because of the ribs that had to be snapped to access the lungs during the surgery. Everything went good and there were no complications during or after the surgery.

As of today, 18th of December, less than 4 months after he has been diagnosed we received the final results of his progress and cancer stage. No cancerous cells were find anywhere in his body, his lungs are working great, no liver damage and he's now at hom, regaining weight and strenght, all well and healthy, looking forward to spend another few healthy years with his family and loved ones. I know that this fight is probably not over yet as cancer will most likely return at one point, but for now we won and all of this thanks to cryptomarket, without crypto we wouldn't be able to afford this surgery and give him another few years of life to enjoy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Incredible story and very heartwarming. Although give youself some credit; YOU saved your grandpa's life, crypto just gave you the means.

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Time to start the hustle again to see if I can get back to 7k. Anyone with ideas of where to start? Need to get as much as possible so rent isn't an issue. :bicep:

You just talked about making the money you needed trading. I'm a trader, so the answer is obvious to me: trade! Of course, I am curious to know how good your trading is. Are you consistently profitable? Do you have a plan or methodology that you trade that works for you and you stick with it?

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Wow this is a fantastic story, I like you already young man.

I'm a digital marketer by trade but have been interested in the crypto world and out of nowhere made out with much, much larger returns than my "efforts" justified.

I have a bunch of ideas but need someone savvy in crypto to execute. If you're interested at all in earning some pocket money while navigating the world of crypto, hit me up.

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Incredible story and very heartwarming. Although give youself some credit; YOU saved your grandpa's life, crypto just gave you the means.
MJ What's your opinion about crypto currencies? Is it something one should do or stay away from due to massive number of people doing the same thing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
great story, glad it wasn't U.S healthcare as it would have had an extra digit or two on the price.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.