What's new

Critique This Portfolio

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

illmasterj

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
277
Location
1360m
Rep Bank
$1,595
User Power: 242%
Don't see many portfolio's in this section so I hope this is OK to post. I'm not Fastlane yet but accelerating hard from Slowlane. As @biophase has mentioned a few times, I see value in pulling funds out of the business as overheads are low and building a portfolio as another income stream seems like a good idea. Future business is not reliant on capital.

Not sure on relevance, but married early 30's, probably going to start a family within 5 years. Don't own our own home but also considering that within 5 years (only as it will allow us to generate income from home through B&B accommodation).

Given the future house purchase plans, keeping some in cash seems the way to go right now, as a result you won't see developed government bonds in this portfolio. Though I am investing for income, I know I'm going against @MJ DeMarco 's suggestions of buying an index so I don't lose the opportunity for a capital gain. Tell me if this is stupid/poor logic. I'll probably hold the AUD/NZD until they appreciate, I can see them losing some value towards the end of this year but I hold a long term view that they will come back strong. P2P lending to learn about them, maybe add more in later (though I can't see this ever being over 10% total portfolio).

I have no DTA agreement with the USA, that's why I'm buying through London ETFs.

Weight Ticker Exchange Yield TER Tax Currency
40% VWRD LON 2.70% 0.25% 10% USD
20% IUKD LON 6.00% 0.40% 15% GBP
20% IEML LON 6.54% 0.50% 15% USD
10% CASH N/A 3.30% 0% 0% NZD
5% CASH N/A 2.90% 0% 0% AUD
2.5% P2P Mintos 11.50% 0% 0% EUR
2.5% P2P Bondora 14.50% 0% 0% EUR

Interested to hear your thoughts.

EDIT: Table didn't format properly sorry. Hopefully it makes sense...
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom