The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Critique my Instagram @TryScrubs

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Hey boys! So since we last spoke, I listened to you all and decided on another company that actually provides value from various centers. I’m starting a new company for hospital scrubs that will be made of a far softer material than normal scrubs, while being bacteria resistant and being longer than typical scrubs (I came up with the design concepts after interviewing doctors and nurses). Along with this, my first two employees are doctors, so they know a good deal about what is important to people wearing scrubs. The website isn’t quite ready because I want it to be perfect upon launch, but the URL is simple and readily memorized (www.tryscrubs.com). Also, with this I decided to use my love for humanity as part of our mission statement, 25% of all Net Profits will go to Doctors Without Borders. Anyways, I wanted to send you guys over to the Instagram so you can critique and help me make this a company that will last over the next years of my life.

@tryscrubs or Instagram.com/tryscrubs

Best,
Roxbury

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey boys! So since we last spoke, I listened to you all and decided on another company that actually provides value from various centers. I’m starting a new company for hospital scrubs that will be made of a far softer material than normal scrubs, while being bacteria resistant and being longer than typical scrubs (I came up with the design concepts after interviewing doctors and nurses). Along with this, my first two employees are doctors, so they know a good deal about what is important to people wearing scrubs. The website isn’t quite ready because I want it to be perfect upon launch, but the URL is simple and readily memorized (www.tryscrubs.com). Also, with this I decided to use my love for humanity as part of our mission statement, 25% of all Net Profits will go to Doctors Without Borders. Anyways, I wanted to send you guys over to the Instagram so you can critique and help me make this a company that will last over the next years of my life.

@tryscrubs or Instagram.com/tryscrubs

Best,
Roxbury
omg I love this logo! As far as the IG page, they kinda look like stock ad photos. Maybe have some more original looking ads with a theme and definitely your logo.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
omg I love this logo! As far as the IG page, they kinda look like stock ad photos. Maybe have some more original looking ads with a theme and definitely your logo.

We’re waiting on the first shipment before we do our initial photo shoot. The samples we ordered weren’t up to our initial standard, so we have mostly stock images from Adobe, which by the way, not to toot adobe’s horn but MAN they have created an awesome bundle for our bunch (creators) with their Creative Cloud apps. (Spark for social media and Premiere for YouTube and videos.)

Which by the way, I was thinking of recording a YouTube channel about my entrepreneurship successes and failures, kinda like hard knocks but for business, think it makes sense or would be a bad look for a growing business?

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
What's the goal of your Instagram page? Is your target audience active on there? Do you want to spread awareness, get new customers, build a community of medical professionals?

As far as the content on the IG page goes, I think you need a corporate identity. The pictures are in very different styles (fonts, use of colors, images used), which makes it seem incoherent to me. It's also not clear to me what the page is about, and how the content relates to it. How does the 'I am enough' post relate to scrubs? The content makes the page look more like a motivational, self-help kind of page.

Just my blunt opinion

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
The logo is awesome.
And yeah, instagram looks generic.
Try (no pun intended) something else (diff pictures etc.)

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Find the best memes about doctor/nurse life on pinterest/facebook/other and then repost or re-create them for IG.
Every post you make should be directed at your target market and be something that will effect them in some way. For instance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/97/3d/d1/973dd1befb4ca08d9f4685ea11c97d3d.jpg
I think something similar to this but calls out to nurses even more would work.

"Nurses trying to explain their work schedule to friends" https://i.pinimg.com/564x/80/b0/25/80b025217aef14ae7c9dc5b91a3bbcf0.jpg

Until you get products and real photos I would just post meme after meme

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
So have others have said, the Instagram needs some work (no offense, good on you for taking action and getting this far!).

One interesting angle for content you could take, both now and after you get your product, is sharing doctors stories. Sharing the stories of the people you want to serve - how they've changed people's lives, helped others, even how it's been hard to do their job etc etc. Especially in tandem with your mission to give back to doctors w/o borders, this could be a really cool way to share their experiences and the work they're doing.

Just a thought!

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Find the best memes about doctor/nurse life on pinterest/facebook/other and then repost or re-create them for IG.
Every post you make should be directed at your target market and be something that will effect them in some way. For instance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/97/3d/d1/973dd1befb4ca08d9f4685ea11c97d3d.jpg
I think something similar to this but calls out to nurses even more would work.

"Nurses trying to explain their work schedule to friends" https://i.pinimg.com/564x/80/b0/25/80b025217aef14ae7c9dc5b91a3bbcf0.jpg

Until you get products and real photos I would just post meme after meme

I like that idea a lot! Going to start adding some of those, along with some pictures of coffee, because I know that caffeine helps me with 80% of my own work :D.

As far as adding content right now, as we wait for products to finish (I'm such a stickler for detail that it's borderline annoying to my co-founder/manufacturers, haha) I was thinking of doing an "Ask a Doctor" video section on YouTube and maybe adding those to IGTV as well? Or Instagram? I like the idea of writing stories of people who have become doctors. Not sure what sort of tagging works best for maximum exposure but I'm going to start looking into all that this week.

Finally have the website looking the way I want it to look so, that's good :p.

Thanks for all the help thus far guys! You rock :].

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
  1. No idea what the point is of the page
  2. Don't see any products,
  3. Website just sends me to a page with some coupon I don't even know what for
People that look at the page will give it a click and possibly never return. I think you are doing it backwards, the product should come first & then the social media. I've encountered this problem myself, building a pet brand page & having no one care about it all...ahh fun times.

Oh yeh, one more thing I'd like to add, building an IG page off the idea of doing give aways is a no no. I've learned the hard way :)

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
  1. No idea what the point is of the page
  2. Don't see any products,
  3. Website just sends me to a page with some coupon I don't even know what for
People that look at the page will give it a click and possibly never return. I think you are doing it backwards, the product should come first & then the social media. I've encountered this problem myself, building a pet brand page & having no one care about it all...ahh fun times.

Oh yeh, one more thing I'd like to add, building an IG page off the idea of doing give aways is a no no. I've learned the hard way :)

We were waiting for the products to come in. Got a product picture for you now! Definitely need to update the e-mail subscription part. Guess the name having scrubs in it doesn’t do a good enough job of telling people we’re selling scrubs. Will add more references to product in copy.

The website is done but doesn’t have the types of product photography I wanted (high quality photography).

D

DeletedUser0287

What's the goal of your Instagram page? Is your target audience active on there? Do you want to spread awareness, get new customers, build a community of medical professionals?

As far as the content on the IG page goes, I think you need a corporate identity. The pictures are in very different styles (fonts, use of colors, images used), which makes it seem incoherent to me. It's also not clear to me what the page is about, and how the content relates to it. How does the 'I am enough' post relate to scrubs? The content makes the page look more like a motivational, self-help kind of page.

Just my blunt opinion

I believe it is more commonly known as brand identity. You are right though there is no consistency or guidelines on branding. Typography, colors, they all matter.

OP should defininetly Google brand guideline books for major brands.

Figs Scrubs got you beat OP

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I would get rid of a huuuuge chunk of those posts (probably all) that have nothing to do with the scrubs product.

The doctors sharing stories someone mentioned above is a great idea.

Is there some kind of nurse influencer that has a large following you can send some to in exchange for them mentioning it somehow? I'm sure I remember a nurse that was a model I saw about a year ago that was really popular.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
I believe it is more commonly known as brand identity. You are right though there is no consistency or guidelines on branding. Typography, colors, they all matter.

OP should defininetly Google brand guideline books for major brands.

Figs Scrubs got you beat OP

No shit. They also spend $900K a month on social+ads so... thanks captain obvious.

Critique versus saying a competitor has you beat when a) their product next to mine, isn’t even close b) I haven’t drank enough coffee for this.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
I would get rid of a huuuuge chunk of those posts (probably all) that have nothing to do with the scrubs product.

The doctors sharing stories someone mentioned above is a great idea.

Is there some kind of nurse influencer that has a large following you can send some to in exchange for them mentioning it somehow? I'm sure I remember a nurse that was a model I saw about a year ago that was really popular.

Roger that! I think it’s time for some overhauling! Thank you for your insight sir!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.