The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating new product on Amazon

Marketing, social media, advertising

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
Looking to create a new product on Amazon, one that does not have an ASIN or EAN or UPC. I'm on GS1 page and it costs a decent amount of money to get that created. So i'm to assume, creating 'new' products on amazon as test is not as easy as it seems?

I've been able to create products that already exist pretty easily. Anyone been through this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Looking to create a new product on Amazon, one that does not have an ASIN or EAN or UPC. I'm on GS1 page and it costs a decent amount of money to get that created. So i'm to assume, creating 'new' products on amazon as test is not as easy as it seems?

I've been able to create products that already exist pretty easily. Anyone been through this?
This might not be what you are looking for, but if you are looking to sell on Amazon, you could get a lot of help from Jim Cockrum's free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mysilentteam/

He is also offering free on Kindle a copy of his hugely popular SilentSalesMachine book: https://amzn.to/2TkNwpj

(These are not affiliate links)

Walter

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

You can get a GTIN exemption and not need to have a UPC code to list it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
They seem to be fine. I've used a few over the past month or two.

Yes, they will work until you get an error one day that the brand doesn't match the UPC barcode when you are trying to add a new product. So you should always add a product before you give your supplier the barcodes.

I bought 100 of them a few years ago and they worked until 2 months ago. There is a work around, you just need to get a letter from the barcode company saying that they sold you that block of codes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AdamB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Aug 1, 2019
Scotland
Yes, they will work until you get an error one day that the brand doesn't match the UPC barcode when you are trying to add a new product. So you should always add a product before you give your supplier the barcodes.

I bought 100 of them a few years ago and they worked until 2 months ago. There is a work around, you just need to get a letter from the barcode company saying that they sold you that block of codes.

Good to know! Thanks.

Where would you recommend buying barcodes from to avoid this from happening?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Good to know! Thanks.

Where would you recommend buying barcodes from to avoid this from happening?

The legit way is to get GS1 barcodes that are registered to your brand name. If you get them anywhere else they will be registered to another company and there is always the chance that they will not work. However, if you can get a letter from that barcode company that says ABC brand has sold barcodes XXXXXX to XYZ brand, then Amazon will approve your brand with those barcode numbers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.