The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a new idea vs copying an already successful idea and making it better....

Idea threads

Jbrow327

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 22, 2022
MJ states you don't have to reinvent the wheel, you can choose an existing niche and make things better. My question is what do you guys consider the best type of business to copy and try to make even better? Especially for a beginner.

I'm not starting this as a hand holding type of question. I'm just wondering what you guys think.
Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I'm not starting this as a hand holding type of question. I'm just wondering what you guys think.

You are though.

Anyway

Chose something that you have an edge in, easy to start (for you), low downside, high potential upside.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I wonder why we often just stop at singular ideas.

We think that we just need that ONE improvement to turn a business into mega bucks...or that ONE business that
is easiest to copy and improve on.

But truth is that businesses are entire systems. Many moving parts, from the product delivery, to the marketing.
And to make them run better, you have to think about how each part works with one another.

I give you an example:

I started working with entire funnels for some of my copywriting clients recently.
I've never really done that kind of work before, as I've been used to just writing one-off sales emails or sales pages.
But clients will ask for more over time...

And there is always something you CAN improve on that will raise sales...headlines...body copy...CTAs...the kinds of bonuses you choose to eliminate objections...what 'old products' you could CHOOSE to either resurrect or combine with other offers..well, many things.

If I just change one sales page, guess what? I have to take a look at the rest of the sales funnel sequences, and make sure this change is congruent with the messaging. No single change is an island by itself.

You won't know what improvements are worth trying out until you see what folks are already buying, and what they are talking about in your related communities.

A

Anon3x156

MJ states you don't have to reinvent the wheel, you can choose an existing niche and make things better. My question is what do you guys consider the best type of business to copy and try to make even better? Especially for a beginner.

Thanks.
Most people on this forum aren't rich and if they knew the "best business to copy and make even better to get rich", they would do it themselves instead of telling it to you.

As an entrepreneur, it is your job to find that. But I think this quote could help you:

"Know a little about everything, and know everything of one thing."

This would give you a basic understanding of all kinds of businesses, and you wouldn't be a jack of all trades, master of none.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3x156

My question is what do you guys consider the best type of business to copy and try to make even better?
Also this question can't be answered, since everyone is different. The best business to "make better" is the one that you know and maybe have experience in. You can't make a business better if you don't know anything about it.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

Thanks.
Here is a simple creterion.
Calculate ratios CLV/CAC for all cases. Select the case with the highest positive ratio.
CLV-customer life-time value
CAC-customer acquisition costs

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!