The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could this be the death-knell for copywriters?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Manchild_Unbound

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jan 30, 2017
Colombia
I'm subscribed to this one guy called Brad Callen, founder of multiple businesses including iWriter.com

So I open up one email and its an email ad for one of his products--an automated copywriting software. Software that has built into it the techniques of some copywriting legends like Gary Halbert, Jon Carlton, and Ray Edwards.

Now before this starts to sound like some kind of sales letter... I won't even link to it. Its called Automatic Script.

Here are some screenshots:
kx7nqK2.png

UBZUZkE.png

Once again, no affiliation on my part.

Reason I'm posting this up is because of all the folks here who have been successfully freelancing; especially the ones writing content and copy. Guys like @SinisterLex @Joe Cassandra and @RCV , whose threads I've lurked around in, have given great advice.

But is this just the start of the automation of this profession? Is it still useful to learn effective copywriting if its automated? Or is this thing just a tool like WordAI?

As someone who has dabbled in content services, I'm feeling a bit like Squidward here:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Daniel...D

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 27, 2017
US
Yes, it's amazing that we have smart people who creates programs or robots which can replace us in some kind of jobs but, personally I think that this trend will led not to the good future of people because machines will grab all jobs from us. So I dislike this program.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm subscribed to this one guy called Brad Callen, founder of multiple businesses including iWriter.com

So I open up one email and its an email ad for one of his products--an automated copywriting software. Software that has built into it the techniques of some copywriting legends like Gary Halbert, Jon Carlton, and Ray Edwards.

Now before this starts to sound like some kind of sales letter... I won't even link to it. Its called Automatic Script.

Here are some screenshots:
kx7nqK2.png

UBZUZkE.png

Once again, no affiliation on my part.

Reason I'm posting this up is because of all the folks here who have been successfully freelancing; especially the ones writing content and copy. Guys like @SinisterLex @Joe Cassandra and @RCV , whose threads I've lurked around in, have given great advice.

But is this just the start of the automation of this profession? Is it still useful to learn effective copywriting if its automated? Or is this thing just a tool like WordAI?

As someone who has dabbled in content services, I'm feeling a bit like Squidward here:

Can't speak for the tool itself, but AI will eventually create copy at human levels and beyond. This is true for virtually every skill. Does that mean you shouldn't learn copy? Probably not. Things like this take time to get picked up by businesses. AI has been able to produce blog posts at human level for a couple years, yet a vast majority of businesses still hire out blog content.

Copywriting won't likely be replaced in the next 5-10 years. AI needs to advance in the human empathy department first. Copywriting only works if the writing connects with the audience. Without empathy you're kind of left with tactics. But tactics rarely work alone. Copywriting might become an obsolete skill at some point, but it's gonna be a while.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
It could easily be used as a template for newer copywriters. Use it as a framework and edit it as needed. Kind of like how it is less effective to start with no code when programming instead of copying already written code.

Is he using COPYWRITING to sell you the software? Yeah.
Was the sales page written with the software? That's the kicker.

Papillon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Sep 10, 2013
Île Saint-Joseph French Guiana ~ UK!
I don't think YOU will EVER get software to write A-List PERSUASIVE copy, IT'S all about message to market match, not to mention the MEGA research on the product/service to be sold.

Here's my 2 cents...

About 12 years ago, when i got sucked into a guroooo course selling info products, the guroooo claimed you didn't need to write sales copy as software was available, so I bought this software, if i remember it was called something like "PUSH BUTTON SALES LETTERS"

What a load of GARBAGE!

ALL the software did was inserted a HEADLINE and break ya copy up!!!

YOU were to insert certain benefits about your product/service and this software did the rest...if ONLY!

I remember getting a call from the vendor in the USA ...and they asked how i was getting on with it?

My response was anyone can inserted a HEADLINE and break your copy up - then added what a FANTASTIC sales letter they wrote to get me (suckered) into buying this rubbish!

The sales lady even said if the software could write a complete sales letter there be NO need for copywriters!

Anyway she refund me the $97 and i didn't even ask...AND the software went straight into the RECYCLE BIN!

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
At some point, AI will replace everything. But, it's probably not going to happen for awhile.

Writing in general is already being slowly done.
This Japanese Novel Authored By A Computer Is Scarily Well-Written

Copy is a bit trickier due to the psychology. The wants/needs of the population change over time. With Brunson's product, it's basically a Mad Lib where you replace your product/name etc. as a 'fill-in-the-blank' thing. It's not actually AI is writing the copy.

Like anything, at some point, so many people will use it that consumers will hear it so much it won't work anymore. How many Mad Libs are they going to create?

Again, at some point, robots will be able to write an original letter. But, it's not happening for another decade.

Not to mention, they will probably co-exist. Right now, there are softwares that can easily create VSLs from scratch. Yet, top designers still get hired because people want to work with people...and you get to collaborate.

So, anything in the "creative" space will probably coexist.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Kind of like how it is less effective to start with no code when programming instead of copying already written code.

That's a really good analogy.

For that matter, it seems like it would be even simpler for AI to take over the creation of code.

The world's going to look a lot different in 50 years.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Can I use this to write college essays/thesis and novels?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
It’s not a threat imo... I mean you business owners can create a site on Wix vs hiring a graphic artist.. but the site is gonna suck. And why is this thread just getting bumped? lol

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
Writing a sales letter is not hard. It's the actual research of the market, the product/service and the list that takes time.

The software is gonna ask you research questions. If you don't know the answer to them (most people don't) then you can have a sales letter from Gary Halbert + John Carlton + Gary Bencivenga + Dan Kenndy + Jim Rutz + David Deutsch + <enter other legit A-list copywriters)...and it's still gonna bomb.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.