Hi everyone,
the last days I've read pretty much about SaaS (b2b).
Many times the authors stated that they discovered needs for specific niches by cold-mailing/calling businesses.
After a few mails, when the actual prototype is built they asked for an advanced payment. In return the business gets a discount on the monthly fee for a lifetime.
I'm living in Germany and from what I've read so far it seems that the laws are very strict about first time mail contact.
Customers need to opt-in in order for you to send them mails.
You have to clearly state in the subject line what your main points of your mail are etc.
Because of this I'd like to concentrate on US based businesses. From my research the laws over there aren't this strict. But obviously English isn't my first language so I'm thinking that could emerge some problems in the future...
Is there anyone who has got some experience in cold mailing businesses? Specifically in Germany, or the EU?
What are the main "don't do's"?
Have you experienced troubles in cold mailing or cold calling customers in regarding to laws?
Of course I'm also interested in hearing your voices, if you're not dealing with German businesses.
Thanks in advance.
edit: Anyone who is also struggling with this here's a document with a brief overview of German/EU E-Mail marketing laws: www.emailexperience.org/store/download/253
the last days I've read pretty much about SaaS (b2b).
Many times the authors stated that they discovered needs for specific niches by cold-mailing/calling businesses.
After a few mails, when the actual prototype is built they asked for an advanced payment. In return the business gets a discount on the monthly fee for a lifetime.
I'm living in Germany and from what I've read so far it seems that the laws are very strict about first time mail contact.
Customers need to opt-in in order for you to send them mails.
You have to clearly state in the subject line what your main points of your mail are etc.
Because of this I'd like to concentrate on US based businesses. From my research the laws over there aren't this strict. But obviously English isn't my first language so I'm thinking that could emerge some problems in the future...
Is there anyone who has got some experience in cold mailing businesses? Specifically in Germany, or the EU?
What are the main "don't do's"?
Have you experienced troubles in cold mailing or cold calling customers in regarding to laws?
Of course I'm also interested in hearing your voices, if you're not dealing with German businesses.
Thanks in advance.
edit: Anyone who is also struggling with this here's a document with a brief overview of German/EU E-Mail marketing laws: www.emailexperience.org/store/download/253
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
