The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coding

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ikaiko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 19, 2020
London
Hello everybody.
Im new to this forum, (joined) after reading the MFL and Im looking forward to learn and participate in this forum whenever I can.
I want to know what you guys think about coding,thats something that caught my eye after reading some articles in this forum and also because of MJ DeMarco himself but apparently is a saturated market with too many professionals already making a living on it.
Its still worth trying to get into it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
2 things
1. technology gets older by the day so coder will always be needed until AI replaces us, then also people will need to code AI.
2. It's like the computer and internet era, when everybody thought computers and the internet are useless and were expensive, one innovation in the next 5 to 10 years will change everything.

tesla has good enough autopilot(self-driving cars are coming), innovation in battery tech(lighter and smaller and faster charging), apple is becoming restrictive, quantum computers are here, AI is making giant leaps, privatizing space, 5g, nuralink.

Things are about to get crazy in the coming years, your constant need to learn new things if you want to spend a long time in the coding industry.

P.S. Coding is not fastlane, providing a Solution to a problem is

Ikaiko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 19, 2020
London
2 things
1. technology gets older by the day so coder will always be needed until AI replaces us, then also people will need to code AI.
2. It's like the computer and internet era, when everybody thought computers and the internet are useless and were expensive, one innovation in the next 5 to 10 years will change everything.

tesla has good enough autopilot(self-driving cars are coming), innovation in battery tech(lighter and smaller and faster charging), apple is becoming restrictive, quantum computers are here, AI is making giant leaps, privatizing space, 5g, nuralink.

Things are about to get crazy in the coming years, your constant need to learn new things if you want to spend a long time in the coding industry.

P.S. Coding is not fastlane, providing a Solution to a problem is
Many thanks for your reply, a lot of valuable information...

Last edited:
D

Deleted73907

This thread might be helpful:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Saturation doesn't matter, if you're good enough to be in the top 1 - 5% of a field.

If you're only good enough to be top 20%, then it's a dicey proposition.

If you're not good enough to be top 20%, it's a no go.

I would argue this applies to everything. You have to focus your energies where you can be most effective and have the largest competitive advantage.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Saturation doesn't matter, if you're good enough to be in the top 1 - 5% of a field.

I would argue this applies to everything. You have to focus your energies where you can be most effective and have the largest competitive advantage.
Hi Phil,
just saw your youtube channel link in your signature, and want to tell you that I joined FLF by your recommendation, I have read MLF before so I kinda know what I was signing up for.

Ikaiko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 19, 2020
London

That makes all the sense,altough it will take me a while to be at least on that top 20%,many thanks for your help,we live and learn...

Ikaiko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 19, 2020
London
This thread might be helpful:

Amazing thread and very helpful indeed,many thanks...

AidenRafi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
I

I think if you are able to combine multiple skills, then try and become the top 5% in combination of skills stack, It will be a much more productive endeavour.

it also gives you a competitive advantage through unique skill sets that you can then monetise.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.