The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

China and Liability Insurance Question

newtothis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 28, 2008
Hello,

I found an interesting product, tested it, found a manufacture in China who would manufacture it for me.

My main issue now is liability! How do i protect my self?

The product has a lithium ion battery in it, it heats up, and users will keep it close to their face or in their pickets.

Manufacturer told me that they do QA of each products before sending them to me.

are there insurance companies who offer liability issuance for new business that do not have any sales yet and just looking to start?

Are there any different options ?

Thank you for you advice in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

newtothis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 28, 2008
I was thinking and came up with an idea. What if i am just going to be hired by the Chines company to be their product Representative ? I will sell, promote and handle customer support, and will be paid a difference from what i sell the product and what they give it to me for. But i will be their contractor/employee ? In that case they hold a full responsibility ??

bell12

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 29, 2011
hmm, well first off it could be much more compilicated then just bringing this into your country or market and selling this product. If its an electrical product which it looks like, there is certain approvals it might need like UL certification, as well as maybe even CSA certifcation or CE for the europe market. This costs alot of money depending on the products, so you should ask them if they have any of those. Second, there is insurance companies which sell product and liability insurance and review your product. A UL/CSA certification is a big bonus to get product insurance, as it shows the insurance companies your product is safe and tested. Anymore questions you can pm me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.