The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Check your balls bros.

D

DeletedUser394

I seriously just had the worst week of my life. Barely able to function (I now know mostly due to stress related to what I'm about to talk about). As the symptoms compounded I became more and more stressed.

I promised myself that no matter what happened, I'd share the story regardless of how embarrassing or 'taboo' it may be.

Beginning of the week for whatever reason I decided to do a self check. Same exact principle as a woman would do when screening for breast cancer, except down bellow for us dudes.

Needless to say I found something, and it (life) pretty much went downhill from there. Up until that point I didn't really even know testicular cancer was a thing.

As a 21 year old male, I was right within the demographic. (Men aged 15-45) that are most prone to getting it. I didn't know this either.

So I immediately rang up my GP and was told he could only see me in 2 weeks. I like the guy a lot, but a 2 week wait for answers doesn't work for me.

Here's the timeline;

Sunday: Noticed the lump
Monday: Called doctor, he couldn't see me for 2 weeks, so I walked into a random clinic, paid cash, and basically got felt up by a woman I'd just met 30 seconds before.
I was then given a requisition for an ultrasound. I called up the diagnostic place, and they wanted to give me an appointment for June 10th because it was the closest to my house. Again, that shit didn't work for me. I was going to get answers now. So they found me a place within the city that could see me the next day.
Tuesday: Went for an ultrasound. Imagine an ultrasound that pregnant women get. Same exact thing, except on your balls. Not the most comfortable experience. The technician with the wand on your balls can't tell you what he/she sees on the screen for liability reasons.
Friday: Waiting in the waiting room for my results. Finally my turn to be called in. TOTALLY 100% BENIGN. I'm fine.

So within the span of 6 days I was able to get a conclusive answer by being proactive. Had I waited, I would still be waiting for at least 10 days just for the original consultation.

The entire experience was uncomfortable and embarrassing, but it was necessary to rule out anything 'ominous' (as my requisition stated).

If you notice ANY lumps or bumps get it checked immediately. Insist on an ultrasound. There's only a 4% chance it's actually malignant (tumor), but when caught early, testicular cancer is 95-100% curable. CURABLE. The longer you wait to get something checked out, the further it can spread and the worse the prognosis. Stage 3 is anywhere from 40%-70%+.

I'm a young guy. I know we tend to think we are invincible. If you find anything (even if it doesn't hurt, most tumors do not hurt), swallow your pride and get it checked out.

Odds are it's nothing serious, but if you put it off or think it will just go away, you may regret it.

It's not a sexy thing to talk about, but it's important.

Check your balls bros.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
OK. I'm really sorry. Think I should write my life story and get a ton of likes. Maybe I should write a whole book of myself and make 1000.000 bucks on its sales. LOL

I'm sorry for that guy. But my SORRY won't help him.

Value comes in many forms. Being an a$$ for the sake of being an a$$ is not one of them.

D

DeletedUser394

I will immediately donate an additional $100 to a charity whose sole purpose is to spread awareness for the form of cancer which is the entire point of this thread if a moderator (@Runum perhaps?) removes all of these nonsensical replies from this thread.

For a person that claims time is money, you sure have a lot of time for hate and arrogance.

I've come to learn that the most arrogant among us are often the one's that are most lacking in life.

This is seriously a sad and pathetic turn of events.

Please stop posting, nobody cares about what you have to say if all you're going to post is garbage.

D

DeletedUser394

Don't mind @stranger. I never actually understood why he's here. He's constantly on a slowlane/hater tangent. (Read some recent post history if you fancy a laugh).

Back to topic. Fact is, before this experience I was completely ignorant about a lot of things. Namely health and the things that are most important to me.

We live as if we are immortal, but sometimes life smacks you back into reality.

My priorities were out of whack. Do I want to make a ton of money if it means pushing relationships with family and friends to the side? Never again.

I decided to raise awareness over an issue that I never really knew existed.

I'm here to share my life experiences so that others can learn from both my successes and massive failures (of which there have been many). I learn a lot from people that choose to post about what they're doing, how their feeling, and how they react and adapt to life's challenges.

As someone mentioned above, the primary demographic of this forum are males in the exact age range where this strikes most prevalent.. and yet most people don't know about it, because so few people are comfortable talking about it.

I choose not to drink the hater-aide. Especially after receiving the best news of my life yesterday. Ain't nobody bringing me down! ;)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A public service announcement.
Good job, kid.
Now, how about those colonoscopies?

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
But this forum isn't about how you feel. Nobody cares of you.
Uhhh, what? Unless there was something lost in translation, I feel that you're wrong.

This forum has more of a community - almost family - feel than anywhere else on the Internet. I haven't met any of the people here in person (yet) and I take an interest in what's going on with them, especially a huge scare like this.

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
OK. I'm really sorry. Think I should write my life story and get a ton of likes. Maybe I should write a whole book of myself and make 1000.000 bucks on its sales. LOL

Harsh.

In my opinion, this is as good a platform as any to share this message. I'm guessing that this forum is mostly male and in the "at risk" age group, so totally fair play to post it here.

Also, this should open peoples eyes to the frailty of life. You can spend your life in the slow lane, and then one day go the the ultra sound the perhaps the results don't come back as you'd have liked, will it all have been worth it? You only get one shot at this, better make it count.

G

GuestUser113

I'm sorry for you. But this forum isn't about how you feel. Nobody cares of you.
Anyway, you aren't alone here.

What is your problem bro? seriously. Are you still butthurt about the copywriter incident? https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/im-looking-for-a-copywriter.52452/

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oh? I have put him on the ole ignore list.

I deleted his account, per his request. We won't need to suffer his ilk any longer. Not sure I could take another year of excuses.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
There's only a 4% chance it's actually malignant (tumor),

Oh, statistics have never worked in my favor.

I got the wrong end of the deal. The cancer spread to my stomach. I had to do surgery then chemo after that.

And yes, its the hardest way for a man to swallow his pride.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013

This is a good way to get customers for your web design, and also a good way to get help from people when you need it.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland

There is no reason to be an a$$. I know sorrys wont help but at least hes open and talking about it.
I have went through the same myself found a lump - went to the doctor - had an ultrasound to find out its just a bit of fatty tissue.
But still this thread even if he gets one guy to consider having a "feel" later and finds something he could have potentially saved a life.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I can make a logo or anything graphically for the website if you need a hand.
Its a bit of a extreme step making a website however. If we could get even 10 members to donate just £5/$5 towards a Charity already running at least this thread would have contributed in more ways than one.

I disagree.
If you young guys put together a check your balls bro website that would be good value for your fellow young guys.
I have to laugh at MJ watching this. I bet he never saw this thread coming?

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
eXticTa.jpg

There after a quick 15 minutes.
I like the idea and totally for raising money for a cause

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I don't need help from strangers like you. If you have a problem with your business ask for donation, and I'll be the 1st who give you a couple of bucks, bro.

That topic isn't about me or my F*cking business. So, you better help that guy than discuss about my posts.

You said the topic isnt about you, yet you felt the need to chime in, and make the topic about you.

Also I wouldnt accept a donation on your behalf :)

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah mate that is smart too ill come up with more variations tomorrow was just something for the eye to see.
Be good knowing that all of us could contribute towards a website to raise awareness ; if we saved just one life that feeling would be amazing all through @RichKid and @IAmTheJeff .
Off to bed going to see the Gumball Rally in Edinburgh tomorrow Good Night.

S

stranger

Don't mind @stranger. I never actually understood why he's here. He's constantly on a slowlane/hater tangent. (Read some recent post history if you fancy a laugh).
No worry, I'm gonna leave this forum. I''ve received what I was looking here.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013

No one would buy it because you're a shitty writer. Who should I listen to? The stats below speak for themselves.

RichKid Stats:
Speed Points:545
Rep Bank:$3,047

Stranger Stats:
Speed Points:69
Rep Bank:$184

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I didn't once hear@RichKid ask for anyones help here or for anyone to feel sorry for him for that matter. he was
sharing and its in the appropriate part of the forum. why be hating?

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Glad to hear you had the balls (pun intended!) to go through with it and even happier to hear that you are all clear.

Health is wealth!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.