The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CASE STUDY: Supply Chain - Printing Funny Animal Portraits

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Hi Everyone,
  • There are companies selling custom canvas prints, coffee mugs, and phone cases of pets photoshopped onto them.
  • I am trying to figure out the processes and supply chain involved for this type of business - particularly how this is scaled.
  • There are a couple of things that need to happen
  • 1. Graphic illustrator: cut out original photo and photoshop it onto new background/template
    • I know graphic illustrators can be found easily on Fiverr
  • 2. Photo is sent to one or more places to print and drop ship
    • This is where I am a bit stuck
    • Do these e-com sites just have an operator in the background sending these digital files to different print shops?
    • Is it a good idea to partner with an existing print shop with the same business on a private label basis?
    • How would this differ for a canvas print, blanket, and phone case for example?
    • What would be the best way to setup this supply chain?

1658676708720.png1658677633168.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Fiverr for designs. A POD (print on demand) service like Printful or Printify for creating and shipping your products. Shopify for the store front. It's super simple, thus also a super competitive niche/business.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Fiverr for designs. A POD (print on demand) service like Printful or Printify for creating and shipping your products. Shopify for the store front. It's super simple, thus also a super competitive niche/business.
Thanks I didn't know where to turn to for print on demand

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Don't bother unless you've some new marketing angle. This is just another me-too hustle and there's an ocean of these sorts on Etsy. Profit margins for POD are low af unless your sales figures are huge. It's probably more profitable and higher chances of success if you start your own POD company rather than using POD companies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.