The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying a website

youngballer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2012
This is my first post im a young entrepreneur/fastlaner and I had a question about buying a website. The website makes money by having blogs and forums pay to have there site placed on the site for the purpose of getting more views. to get your blog or forum posted on the site you pay a one time fee. There are probaly around 100 blogs and forums on this site. My plan would be to purchase the site and then charge a monthly subscription rate which would probaly be a couple bucks a month. I would also lower the joining cost.
tell me what you think.
THANKS

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
This is my first post im a young entrepreneur/fastlaner and I had a question about buying a website. The website makes money by having blogs and forums pay to have there site placed on the site for the purpose of getting more views. to get your blog or forum posted on the site you pay a one time fee. There are probaly around 100 blogs and forums on this site. My plan would be to purchase the site and then charge a monthly subscription rate which would probaly be a couple bucks a month. I would also lower the joining cost.
tell me what you think.
THANKS

Why not create a website of your own and run off of the layout of the site your talking about (that way you can ensure its coded at least decent and has SEO and stuff) and you can choose your own domain name and host. Once you have all that done, go on to the page you were wanting to buy, pay the one time fee, and advertise your site with lower prices on his site, you will just feed off of his traffic and the total cost should he much less than buying the other site (unless hes offering a really good deal then it means the sites worthless and doesn't turn a high profit)

Also, I am 16 as well and if you have any questions or anything, feel free to PM me!

That's just what I would do, either way, good luck!

-Mike

justinuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2011
Manchester, UK
Also, I am 16 as well and if you have any questions or anything, feel free to PM me!
-Mike

Somedays I wish I was 16 again :)

Without seeing the site it's difficult to say but from experience that's a tough model to make work. Many sites doing the same have ran into problems in the past with Google's aggressive deindexing of anything which looks like it's charging sites for the SEO benefit. You'll also find increasingly difficult to get sites to pay to be listed unless you have a substantial amount of traffic or you're offering a high PR link (which is a short lived strategy that will usually land you in hot water).

If you're thinking of buying from auction, you can get some advice on whether there's anything to look out for over at internettycoon.com. In fairness, It's probably worth looking for something else, or as Mike has said maybe building something of your own if you've got a lot of time or you're low in capital.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.