The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buy a two family home

Fordfarmer123

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Dec 3, 2018
( The bad) Currently I'm in a tough spot my mother recently passed away from cancer ..
(The good) even though things are very rough right now I have time I can invest in my side hustle.
I'm a Ironworker/fabricator and have been planning to start moonlighting on the side I'm almost done building my mobile truck iv been working on for a year .
I broke my arms two years ago on my atv and have $13,500 in medical debt I'm hoping to settle.
My wife and I moved in with my father and I'm paying his mortgage of $1,500 a month. We are going to fix his house and sell it so he will have 80k in equity.
I have $30,000 saved and plan on buying a two family home for 160K and living in the bottom apartment if I get the loan. My father will live with us for half the year and the other half with my sister so he can retire.
I plan on putting $10,000 down on the house and settling the medical for around 8k...
I would ideally love to buy my parents' house but I need cheap living to continue to save and invest more in myself, so I must sacrifice for now. I believe buying this home will save me more money than renting because the average rent in this area is $1,000. I will be having a mortgage of $1,100 and receiving $900 from the tenant upstairs.
I have been collecting tools for over 6 years now to try to start my endeavor. I'm also learning all that I can at my day job. I'm becoming familiar with the local contractors that provide work.Also picking up the bidding process.The company I work for focuses on the harder jobs other companies can't figure out.
There is a great demand for this type of work in my area. It's very hard work but I do think I can grow my wealth in my business and knowledge fairly large eventually.
The entry barrier is very high in this industry .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Sounds like you have everything planned out, make sure your move in and move outs are concrete, because moving family out can be iffy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.