The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building Website

Marketing, social media, advertising

Lokantha

Set Goals. Take Risks. Push Boundaries.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 30, 2019
Charlotte, NC
Is Wordpress typically the recommended platform to build a membership/subscription website? What about online boutique/clothing?

Any recommended hosting with decent speeds for a membership site with 500-1,000 members?
-The site just delivers weekly content & archives former content. No forum or anything.

Any theme favorites?
Necessary add-ins?

I have favorites on all of the above, but it’s been several years since I’ve built a site & want to evaluate other experiences & opinions.

Thanks everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Is Wordpress typically the recommended platform to build a membership/subscription website? What about online boutique/clothing?

Any recommended hosting with decent speeds for a membership site with 500-1,000 members?
-The site just delivers weekly content & archives former content. No forum or anything.

Any theme favorites?
Necessary add-ins?

I have favorites on all of the above, but it’s been several years since I’ve built a site & want to evaluate other experiences & opinions.

Thanks everyone!
Seems like the trend now is Wordpress or Squarespace. I am currently using Wordpress since I don't know coding (actually, I have started to learn it on the side now). I think its great for newbies and can help you with SEO, web development, and such. The only thing I see as a problem is they both have set layouts so there isn't too much variation where as you setting it up from scratch.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I'm really not a fan of wordpress for websites. They're okay.

Many of the fastest and most powerful sites are built on ASP.NET.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Wordpress has some intresting plugins for weekly content and subscription site. There are some nice plugins like leaky paywall to occasionally share a taster or free sample if you will to get subscribers.

There are probably better choices for a pure ecommerce site, though if your familar with wordpress go for it.

Re speeds, just buy a good host, use second generation web images,minfy javascript, use a content delivery network and/or cache your images/videos in region based AWS.

Bootstrap is probably better,but will take longer to set up.

Wordpress is okay,but quick and dirty.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK

Any theme favorites?
Necessary add-ins?

Thanks everyone!

Before the sale of my publishing business (e-zine), all my content was delivered automatically via e-mail, without any membership space or similar. It makes things a lot easier believe me!

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Before the sale of my publishing business (e-zine), all my content was delivered automatically via e-mail, without any membership space or similar. It makes things a lot easier believe me!
Did you have a website as a sign up page? How did you get your subscriptions?

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
  • Wordpress CMS
  • SiteGround Hosting with optional Cloudflare caching
  • WooCommerce if you have ecommerce or EasyDigitalDownloads for digital content/membership
  • Elementor Pro page builder

Lokantha

Set Goals. Take Risks. Push Boundaries.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 30, 2019
Charlotte, NC

Thanks buddy! I also have a third party traffic provider I use (a close friend's business). Never thought of this option, and I think I'll try this at first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.