- Joined
- Jun 26, 2011
- Messages
- 44
Rep Bank
$120
$120
User Power: 20%
Hello All,
Thought I would drop in and give a short introduction since I see myself spending a lot of time here in the near future. As the title says my name is Bryan and I currently live in Ohio. I am currently a 100% self taught Systems Administrator with 15 years of experience, mainly Unix/Linux. I do many other jobs, but my title is Systems Administrator, anyone here who as worked IT knows that pretty much it is our job to solve every damn problem in the company for a single paycheck, most of the time salaried and on call. I got into IT because I was good at and it was my "dream job". Well as is mentioned in the book more than once my dream job became my hated job and now I avoid computers when I am not "on the clock". My idea well shut down about 10 years ago and I figured I was destined to do what I am doing for the rest of my life waiting for the next promotion or the next call from a head hunter.
I just finished reading this fine knowledge resource and I have to say from the day I started reading it my mind is firing in different ways, ways that I have not felt in many years. Everything I look at now is a potential business opportunity. I look at the simplest of things and think How can I make this better? How can I market this better? Is there something that would work well with that? When I see people just walking or driving down the street I start thinking, what could I do to help that person or do they look like the need something. My mind is flowing with ideas, now I just need to harness them and make a business out of it which I am going to spend all of my "free time" working out my ideas and putting them into production. Currently I define my "free time" as time that I am not chained to a workstation using all of my knowledge and experience to fill the pockets of someone else. When you boss gives your your raise at the end of the year and literally looks down at the desk and verbally says "Sorry", its time to move on. I am at that point and will be back here to studying and giving updates on my situation. The time has come, and that time is now.
Thanks MJ, your book has cleared my mind and started me down the path of redemption from the corporate world.
Thanks,
Bryan
Thought I would drop in and give a short introduction since I see myself spending a lot of time here in the near future. As the title says my name is Bryan and I currently live in Ohio. I am currently a 100% self taught Systems Administrator with 15 years of experience, mainly Unix/Linux. I do many other jobs, but my title is Systems Administrator, anyone here who as worked IT knows that pretty much it is our job to solve every damn problem in the company for a single paycheck, most of the time salaried and on call. I got into IT because I was good at and it was my "dream job". Well as is mentioned in the book more than once my dream job became my hated job and now I avoid computers when I am not "on the clock". My idea well shut down about 10 years ago and I figured I was destined to do what I am doing for the rest of my life waiting for the next promotion or the next call from a head hunter.
I just finished reading this fine knowledge resource and I have to say from the day I started reading it my mind is firing in different ways, ways that I have not felt in many years. Everything I look at now is a potential business opportunity. I look at the simplest of things and think How can I make this better? How can I market this better? Is there something that would work well with that? When I see people just walking or driving down the street I start thinking, what could I do to help that person or do they look like the need something. My mind is flowing with ideas, now I just need to harness them and make a business out of it which I am going to spend all of my "free time" working out my ideas and putting them into production. Currently I define my "free time" as time that I am not chained to a workstation using all of my knowledge and experience to fill the pockets of someone else. When you boss gives your your raise at the end of the year and literally looks down at the desk and verbally says "Sorry", its time to move on. I am at that point and will be back here to studying and giving updates on my situation. The time has come, and that time is now.
Thanks MJ, your book has cleared my mind and started me down the path of redemption from the corporate world.
Thanks,
Bryan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
