The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brainstorm session at Summit

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
time to figure out who the brainstorm group on the stage will be for my talk. you know, the one that will get you FIRED UP before lunch (and before @amp0193 puts us to sleep after lunch) :)

so two things to do:
1. who needs us to brainstorm an idea? .... could be a product to start a company around. could be an obstacle in life. could be what to name your dog.
post if you want to be the person we are brainstorming for ..... list some details and prove you are worthy (lol) .... list your specific desired outcome from this session

2. who wants to be on the stage in front of the world in the brainstorming group? ... some of 'who is on stage' will depend on who we are helping and what they want.
we want some experts in the area AND we want some dumbasses that have no idea what is going on ...... post if you 'volunteer as tribute' .... need about 6 to 8 people
.... had a few of you volunteer ..... @Raoul Duke @Strategery ..... @Primeperiwinkle did you? .... i cannot find the thread where we were talking about it......

post here and we'll figure it out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
we want some experts in the area AND we want some dumbasses that have no idea what is going on
Which am I, coach?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Ok I think I know what. I came up with a product for an art niche where everyone sort of DIYs the solution, there’s nothing available to buy really. I’m going to have a prototype and might get a 3D render of it done to make a landing page with sign ups for validation.

Is brainstorming for additional value skews a thing

Places where my customers hang out at

Who has my customers

Beyond the obvious couple places I can come up with

Last edited:

Haelios

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 9, 2019
Virginia
we want some experts in the area AND we want some dumbasses that have no idea what is going on...

If you want a dumbass that’s got no clue for what to do, I pass that with flying colors! I’ve been trying to come up with potential ideas for such a long time now but most of them are either too ridiculous to even consider or are simply too costly. Ideally, I want to come out of this with the right process needed to come up with an idea that will get me to where I need to be. I’d like to volunteer.

My specific outcome would be to make a significant contribution to an industry that I want to be a part of. In my case, I'd want to play some part in the Computer industry, possibly with computer mice.

I have some connections to engineering firms back from my town in Ohio as well as some people that have plenty of experience with electronics from high school and college. I don't know how much I'd have to sink in order to start setting things up but I probably could start prototyping if I get a 3D printer, which would only be a few hundred bucks. I'll also need to learn the skills necessary to make things more ergonomic but that will come from practice.

I can go into further detail if you'd like, but that covers the general stuff.

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
time to figure out who the brainstorm group on the stage will be for my talk. you know, the one that will get you FIRED UP before lunch (and before @amp0193 puts us to sleep after lunch) :)

Give me the full crowd over the hungry crowd any day!

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Happy to help wherever you need it.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

so two things to do:
1. who needs us to brainstorm an idea? .... could be a product to start a company around. could be an obstacle in life. could be what to name your dog.
post if you want to be the person we are brainstorming for ..... list some details and prove you are worthy (lol) .... list your specific desired outcome from this session

2. who wants to be on the stage in front of the world in the brainstorming group? ... some of 'who is on stage' will depend on who we are helping and what they want.
we want some experts in the area AND we want some dumbasses that have no idea what is going on ...... post if you 'volunteer as tribute' .... need about 6 to 8 people
.... had a few of you volunteer ..... @Raoul Duke @Strategery ..... @Primeperiwinkle did you? .... i cannot find the thread where we were talking about it......

post here and we'll figure it out!
I definitely am at the point where I need to brainstorm a product. I'll volunteer for this.
I can be a dumbass, or I can be the person you are brainstorming for.

I'm actively looking for a product that I can work on for the 15 free hours a week I have for this. I have some cashflow, and need to start generating $2,000 a month from said product.

However, if you need to fill your dumbass quota, I have enough talent there to fill two spots.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
If you want a dumbass that’s got no clue for what to do, I pass that with flying colors! I’ve been trying to come up with potential ideas for such a long time now but most of them are either too ridiculous to even consider or are simply too costly. Ideally, I want to come out of this with the right process needed to come up with an idea that will get me to where I need to be. I’d like to volunteer.
Word.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
for us to brainstorm product ideas, we need you to post the following:

specific outcome: 'i want to make money' is money chasing, not a specific outcome

what do we have (assets, abilities, connections, tools, materials): 'i don't know anything and have no money' is not an answer

what is not desired (hard no's): 'i'll do anything to make money' is money chasing.... see above

get serious people

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

specific outcome: 'i want to make money' is money chasing, not a specific outcome

what do we have (assets, abilities, connections, tools, materials): 'i don't know anything and have no money' is not an answer

what is not desired (hard no's): 'i'll do anything to make money' is money chasing.... see above

get serious people

Check me post again I came up with something.:kiss:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015

get serious people
Alright...

I have the desire, but possibly not the ability, to help you help a room full of people. (I took to heart what you said in another thread about going in with the attitude to help, and my capacity to directly help may be limited, so I figured facing a tremendous personal anxiety and fear to help you help is a good start. )

I run a tiny self employed business started 5 years ago with $50, a pile of scrap wood in the backseat, and a relative's garden shed as a build space. This year, I did just over $100k (before taxes) on three different online venues (facebook, etsy, my own website).

I'm just starting my journey, but I'd very much like to keep moving forward.

If I can help, given my relative lack of experience, if love to. (Even though the thought of being on stage makes my hands shake. )

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
@broswoodwork what do you need to take your business to the next level?
My instinctive response is, not being afraid of getting on stage, but I'm willing to try some other stuff too.

I need to help more people, in all honesty. Working with my own two hands, and only serving a regional market, is a bottle neck. I want to switch from b2c to b2b. I want to help guys like me help their customers.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
so rephrase that into the few things i listed above ....... what could we brainstorm for your business?

and join toastmasters in your area
and volunteer to speak at a middle school about business

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
@ZCP I will volunteer for the gauntlet!

Topic: Creating enterprise value out of an underperforming company.

Details:
I am looking for ways to create real enterprise value from my existing business of which is currently underperforming. The intent is to build it up for an eventual sale.

Many things have been tried so far. Some of which have been successful and some have not.

There are a lot of challenges to overcome such as high debt, low cash, and low time.

There are a lot of resources that can be leveraged though like: inventory and network.

I look forward to the opportunity! :)

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I'll look into those! I graciously thank you for your time. I'll just listen intently from the audience, and hopefully be better prepared next year to actually participate.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@broswoodwork F that. time to work brother!
rephrase above into what we can do to help your business.
dm me if the panic hits. i got you.

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
@broswoodwork F that. time to work brother!
rephrase above into what we can do to help your business.
dm me if the panic hits. i got you.
I love you man. You're scary as F*ck, but a huge inspiration.

You're going to call this an excuse and I can take it, but I've got at least 6 hours of physical work to do here today in Boston before i get on that plane tomorrow, and I'm pacing the floor trying to process the brainstorm deal.

I'm calling an audible. Gotta look out for my existing customers today, and learn from you tomorrow.

I do sincerely appreciate what you're doing here, and next year I'll make sure my schedule is more clear so you can kick my a$$ at the summit. :smile:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
you'll see in the presentation that 'loading your brain' is one technique ....
go work and handle clients...... quiet your mind and let your subconscious work .....
ideas will flow tonight

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
you'll see in the presentation that 'loading your brain' is one technique ....
go work and handle clients...... quiet your mind and let your subconscious work .....
ideas will flow tonight

I'm shit scared of a big crowd. But, I'll bite, if this is applicable to me that is.

@ZCP

Thank you for doing this. So I'm a content marketer and freelance writer. My first product didn't do well on Amazon last year, and I haven't dived into another due to finances. As a service provider, I'm now receiving recognition from clients and one has even discussed hiring me full-time based on the performance of my work.

I love this field, and I want to be one of the best. There's a certain calling I hear.

At the moment, I've broken down a list of skills I need to learn and master, and I'm also looking for mentor to keep me accountable. If the right job presents itself I'll take it to enhance my skills and expose myself to potential fast lane ventures.

I'm struggling with actually mapping a realistic game plan to becoming a force to be reckoned with and authority in content marketing.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

get serious people
i know we are all 'unscripted ' ..... .BUT can anyone follow the script?!

Haelios

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 9, 2019
Virginia
Alright, I've adjusted my original post to follow the prompts a bit further.

Some potential ideas for what to brainstorm during the presentation would be to come up with ways to market my idea out to the right people. It'd be pointless to try and market myself to people that have no interest, that would be a waste of both time and money. Another thought could be about distribution. How would you determine the best means of selling your goods, whether it be a physical product, digital product, or even a service?

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona

get serious people
I am in a similar situation as @PapaGang where I need to come up with a product idea.

Specific Outcome: I want to come up with a product to produce in China and sell on Amazon. It has to have a healthy profit margin and be unique to minimize competition.

What Do We Have: I am an engineer. I can design things out of metal or plastic. I can have them made in China, or another low-cost locale. I have done this on a small scale making car parts for a small group of people.

Hard No's: I do not want a large brick-and-mortar assembly/manufacturing facility with many employees. Light assembly and shipping only please.

Is this sufficient to start brainstorming?

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
My sister volunteers to go on stage.
constantly trying to get me and your sis together :)...... there has to be a way to just make me family, right?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
constantly trying to get me and your sis together :)...... there has to be a way to just make me family, right?
I don't think I want to watch this presentation anymore...

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States

My family has a minimum height requirement, sorry.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I volunteer as tribute.

Problem: I have a recurring B2B service and need to get new sales but existing companies are hard to get into so I'm trying to pivot into new businesses.

Edited to add:
specific outcome: new sales for HR service I provide. The math that I worked out earlier is 15 more sales per day on average would add about 170K to my bottom line for the year which would be enough to hire 2 more full-time people plus move into an office space. Currently working at home.

what do we have (assets, abilities, connections, tools, materials): Abilities and connections- actually pretty much all of the above. The resource I don't have is time. I'm pretty booked and still doing most of the day to day operations. I have streamlined my processes and made them much more efficient and have slowly given up work to other people.

what is not desired (hard no's): Do not want to take on additional debt and go the venture capitalist route.

Last edited:

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

get serious people
Ok, I want to create a consumable product that retails between 25 and 100 dollars that helps people look better or perform better (fitness, mental performance, grooming, fashion, etc ). Something that will build its own culture over time.

Assets: $1500 current cash flow/capital every month that can be invested into the business. Also, marketing and design talent is in-house. That’s an asset.

Is that enough to start? If not I can go to the dumbass section.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.