The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

books for newbie's

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
until mid 2009 I always had the slowlane mentality,but that changed and I have been looking for fastlane opportunities since then.

I finished reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and it has opened my eyes that even after studying so hard I am financially illiterate.I spoke to a few friends who have studied and are working as accountants but even they are financially illiterate.

I would like to increase my financial IQ(I am gonna read Increase your financial IQ by R. Kiyosaki) next

are there any books you think that would be helpful to me to increase my knowledge about money?

I got many names from this thread
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...ons/405-what-books-you-reading-currently.html

but dont know which are right for me at this stage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
I am mostly interested in online businesses as they are less expensive to start but recently I have also been looking at buying small businesses.

as given in the book RDPD i want to increase my assets but I am almost broke atm.

I would like to increase my financial intelligence in general

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Have you read through all the stickied and popular threads on this forum? That's a good start, and doesn't even require you to buy any books :)

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Consider your reading program just like you would a university education. You don't start your freshman year at university taking senior level classes like derivatives or international economics. And with your reading program, you shouldn't dive into books with very technical aspects that require a base of knowledge to understand. For example, you don't need to read "Security Analysis" by Ben Graham as on of your first books. It just wouldn't be of much use. Read books that direct your thought process. Things like communication skills (How to win friends...), overall thought processes (Freakanomics...), expanding your expectations (The magic of thinking big...), stuff like that. Reading things about how to invest in apartment buildings, how to read financial statements, or management skills are pretty useless until your brain is willing to accept and understand them. You need to expand your mind and your thinking and then read the 'how to....' stuff.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
there are so many books out there.
read selectively.

personally, i read 3 types of books.
(1) technically book to build up my skill sets.
(2) business books to know how to sell what i have derived with those skills.
(3) books to fire me up, motivate me and keep me going.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
dale carnegie how to win friends + influence people, changed everything for me

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
thnx all you guys/girls for your responses

I am motivated and determined enough for moving in the fastlane direction

but I lack the basic knowledge about how money works.

I am now learning about positive cashflow,negative cashflow, etc.

Also I have many ideas(mostly technical products) but I do not know how to bring my ideas to reality.

for eg.
I had thought of a product like the ipad almost 2.5 years ago and was ridiculed by my friends with whom I had shared the idea but I was confident there was a market for such a device.At that time and even now I do not know how to bring my idea to be a reality.

I am in no way saying if I would have created the product it would have sold like the ipad but it would have been a start.

are there any books or websites(ofcourse thefastlanetomillions is an excellent website) or other resources that can give me a start in the right direction?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.