The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book promotion idea: giving away physical copies to non-profits and charities

Idea threads

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia
I have my first book on small business branding and communication coming out on May 20, where I will offer it for free for 5 days. The book is about learning how to talk, write, and present your ideas and products so that people will want to buy them. In the book, I mention some of my experiences working with nonprofit groups like youth entrepreneurship camps in Ghana to teach them the basics of starting their own businesses.

This gave me an idea to incentivize getting as many downloads as possible during those first five days while bolstering my own brand reputation.

What I'm thinking is some kind of giveaway/promotion involving the groups I've work with, and others I can reach out to that can help promote it to their audience. I can say that in addition to mentioning these organizations that teach business skills to youths ind eveloping countries, I will donate a certain number of the physical books to them.

Since most Ghanians don't have Kindles, this gives them the chance to read the book and learn the lessons inside, while also spreading my reach further. Some of these groups have big followings who would care about an education cause like this.

Am I overlooking anything? It costs about $3.50 to produce each physical book, so obviously I will have to eat that cost.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C37VTAW/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
http://www.brandidentitybreakthrough.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I have my first book on small business branding and communication coming out on May 20, where I will offer it for free for 5 days. The book is about learning how to talk, write, and present your ideas and products so that people will want to buy them. In the book, I mention some of my experiences working with nonprofit groups like youth entrepreneurship camps in Ghana to teach them the basics of starting their own businesses.

This gave me an idea to incentivize getting as many downloads as possible during those first five days while bolstering my own brand reputation.

What I'm thinking is some kind of giveaway/promotion involving the groups I've work with, and others I can reach out to that can help promote it to their audience. I can say that in addition to mentioning these organizations that teach business skills to youths ind eveloping countries, I will donate a certain number of the physical books to them.

Since most Ghanians don't have Kindles, this gives them the chance to read the book and learn the lessons inside, while also spreading my reach further. Some of these groups have big followings who would care about an education cause like this.

Am I overlooking anything? It costs about $3.50 to produce each physical book, so obviously I will have to eat that cost.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C37VTAW/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
http://www.brandidentitybreakthrough.com

I am doing something similar in concept with my book launch.

In that first 5 day promo - I'm going to be giving my book away to as many people as possible. I'll hand out flyers with a link to the free amazon download, and in some instances, I'll give away my book at events where people who are vocal about books will talk about it to others.

BUT....here is the thing.

For this marketing strategy - it relies on the people who read the books being likely to share it or recommend it to others.

Is this the best book they will have every read on the topic,and they will be so blown away, they can't stop raving about it to others?

If YES (you can do this by having a sample demo read the book first) - go full speed ahead because when your book is remarkable - it will spread like wildfire.

If NO - edit your book so it is amazing.

But yeah, getting it in as many hands as possible will do you good.

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia
I am doing something similar in concept with my book launch.

In that first 5 day promo - I'm going to be giving my book away to as many people as possible. I'll hand out flyers with a link to the free amazon download, and in some instances, I'll give away my book at events where people who are vocal about books will talk about it to others.

BUT....here is the thing.

For this marketing strategy - it relies on the people who read the books being likely to share it or recommend it to others.

Is this the best book they will have every read on the topic,and they will be so blown away, they can't stop raving about it to others?

If YES (you can do this by having a sample demo read the book first) - go full speed ahead because when your book is remarkable - it will spread like wildfire.

If NO - edit your book so it is amazing.

But yeah, getting it in as many hands as possible will do you good.

I'm also now working on creating a course based on the book. I'm thinking that will be easy to give away, or even live seminars to nonprofits which help with promotion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.