The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BoltClamp Product Idea

Idea threads

TheLordZee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 21, 2020
Indiana, USA
The problem:
Have you ever needed to secure something but what you are trying to secure it to is too thin or too weak for screws and it would be difficult to reach the other side to put a nut onto a bolt?

The solution:
BoltClamps! Slide this onto your bolt, slide both into the hole, hold onto the top, and then you can tighten the bolt and it will clamp onto both sides, allowing for secure holds without the need for extra tools.
boltclamp.png

So what do you guys think? Would this work? Would it be worth it?
What's in the image is a mockup for the actual product I made in blender and will probably be subject to change as I improve it, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
In the past, I wall mounted tvs. Pretty often I would only be able to locate 1 stud (you need 2 studs usually to mount a tv). I would use toggle bolts directly onto the drywall & lug screws into the 1 stud. Worked pretty good.

I dont think your product would work for tvs, but for picture hanging, it might work.

TheLordZee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 21, 2020
Indiana, USA
In the past, I wall mounted tvs. Pretty often I would only be able to locate 1 stud (you need 2 studs usually to mount a tv). I would use toggle bolts directly onto the drywall & lug screws into the 1 stud. Worked pretty good.

I dont think your product would work for tvs, but for picture hanging, it might work.
I was also thinking of it being used for attaching things to the body of a vehicle or possibly connecting vents or such.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Looks like a similar concept as a molly bolt or jack nut

images

These are typically used on drywall or other thin wall material, so I'm not sure how well they would be suited for sheet metal or other thin materials. You can tell by the molly bolts in the picture that there is a minimum thickness needed for the fastener to hold.

I think jack nuts are more similar to your design, and there are definitely a lot of applications where these are useful. Does you product have any advantages over these?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheLordZee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 21, 2020
Indiana, USA
Looks like a similar concept as a molly bolt or jack nut

images

These are typically used on drywall or other thin wall material, so I'm not sure how well they would be suited for sheet metal or other thin materials. You can tell by the molly bolts in the picture that there is a minimum thickness needed for the fastener to hold.

I think jack nuts are more similar to your design, and there are definitely a lot of applications where these are useful. Does you product have any advantages over these?
I am going to have to look into it. I hadn't heard of jack nuts before and they seem to be basically identically to what I designed. The molly bolts, or as I know them, drywall anchors, have a different purpose/intent.

From just what I've found looking them up, jack nuts tend to need a special install tool to properly use so perhaps a skew could be that special tools aren't necessary and it can be installed with normal tools.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.