The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bigger-Better-Faster-Stronger (Fitness eBook Progress thread-free offerings inside)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

What is the best title for my book?

• Other(please offer one up in the comments, and I will add it as a votable answer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted37035

BIGGER-BETTER-FASTER-STRONGER
OR HOW TO BE A BADDAS FROM DAY ONE

SUMMARY OF THREAD:
So, this is a progress thread, but it would be awesome to get feedback on the title, content and marketing of a fitness eBook that I am currently writing. I plan to distribute a rough copy of my book for free to the people that show the most interest and want to help. So yes, there is FREE stuff involved. And once the finalized product is complete, I plan to give ya'll that.

I have basically laid out what the program will consist of so you have a general idea of what it will contain. Feel free to offer up anything else you think I should consider or that you feel would be beneficial to the reader/buyer. This is just the last OUTLINE that I have done and hasn't been updated to contain everything or the proper ordering of the book.

MODEST MILESTONE PROGRAM OUTLINE:

Introduction I: Discipline vs. Motivation

Benchmarks (short term to reach long term)

Incremental

Other Philosophy points

FAQ

MOTIVATION SECTION I: psychological techniques such as

· Beneficial framing

· Terminator training- Techniques I have developed from various psychological principles and theories that I have found to be super effective in motivation and performance.

· No complaining (removing excuses and pushing for positives)

Introduction Part II: TRAINING

· Basics

· Building

· Progressing

· Practice

· Effort/Consistency/Time (Make graph showing importance)

I Will be including a program I created that is a combination Strength and Hypertrophy(muscle-building) that I have found to get the quickest results for most people.

Introduction Part III: NUTRITION/DIET

· Importance

· Easy to hard

Options-Keto run, MCD, Eating Clean, Macro(IIFYM), Timing Specific, Pre-Post workout meals,

· Healthy Swaps/Quick Fixes

· Planning ahead or planning to Fail

I Will be including typical meal plans, recipes and shopping lists in this section.
I also will have a section on supplements and grade them on effectiveness and cost.

Part III: GOAL SELECTION

· SMART goals

· S-Specific

· M-Milestones

· A-Attainable

· R- Realistic

· T- Time specific

How to ACTUALLY achieve goals.

Part V: THE SECRET TO SIX-PACK-ABS

· There is no secret

· Nutrition, diet, training and a low BF%

Part IV: SPECIAL SECTION

· ProTIPS- This is a section where I list all the best tips I've learned and others I've come to realize from years of doing and studying with trial and error.

· Gym Etiquette- Basically helping people to be aware of certain expectations and common courtesy in the gym.

· Cheat Sheet-Form Tips- I have little chart/notecards that remind you before you lift, what to watch for and how to perform properly.

NOTE SECTION:

Trainer Primer:

· (how to get toned, how to get shredded, how to get jacked)

· Baselines

· Goals

· Pain/soreness/ etc

· Seeing Results/ Tracking

· Stretching warm up protocol for lifting

· Warm up and injury prevention protocol for Athletes and sports

ADDITIONAL MATERIALS

1. Hotel/ Quick HIIT workout- A workout you can do on the go, in a hotel , etc.

2. Stretching/complete(but short) warmup - I have a program that stretches and warms people up before and after lifting to keep agile and prevent injuries.

3. Gym Etiquette- Basically helping people to be aware of certain expectations and common courtesy in the gym.

4. Quotes: There are a ton of quotes I've found that I love and they are all compiled here for the readers benefit if they do need motivation.

5. Strength STDRDS and How to set SMART goals- How to be realistic about setting goals and how to actually achieve them.

6. Resource Section- I give away all the resources/book/gear that I recommend, I use and are the most helpful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted37035

Yes, I plan to initially start off on Amazon Kindle and most likely my website.
Thanks!!

D

Deleted37035

Nope, I made the title before I did the market research. I am aware of the book and it is similar in content but not scope or style. I can imagine it would only bring more eyes to my book seeing as it is a bestseller in multiple categories. But thanks for the insight. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted37035

Just giving an update:
Been writing ALOT, just finished the programming section of the book.
but also looking to make my website and company look bigger.

Anyone out there looking for a mention/ job title at my company? I want to
put a professional snapshot and job title with description in the about us. Will trade.

D

Deleted37035

So I wanted to include a ROUGH ROUGH draft of the intro and a layout of the book to see what you guys thought.
Also, feel free to check out my website and let me know the good the bad and ugly :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIGGER-BETTER-FASTER-STRONGER

Or, How to become a gym badass from day one

be stronger and bigger than 95% of other men*

by: BRENDEN DEARIE

Copyright © 2016 by Milestone Fitness Inc. All Rights Reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, or by any information storage and retrieval system without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of very brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law.

Authors’ note on Copyright: If you feel strongly enough about any points in this book that you want to share it with the world, I am flattered, but please give credit where credit is due.

This book was published courtesy of:

http://www.milestone-fit.com/

(Feel free to tell your friends or buy them a copy if this had any positive effect on your life, but do not re-distribute PLEASE. Thanks!)

DISCLAIMER:

I’ve done my research and you can check the bibliography for ALL of my references. Any advice expressed in this book is the opinion of the author and is in no way to be taken as medical advice. As always when selecting a fitness/weightlifting program, it is best to check with your medical professional before and to get medical clearance to perform exercise. The programs and nutritional advice in this book are meant as a general guideline and should not be adhered to if you experience any adverse health effects or injuries.

Any results that I say you can get, I honestly believe are reproducible and can even in some cases be exceeded. Honestly, I shouldn’t have to write all this stuff, we are all adults of sound mind and body. I wrote this trying to help all the guys(and gals) I see struggle in the gym. All those guys that come up to me after a heavy lift and say “Wow, how’d you do that?” “What supplements do you take?” “Do you take steroids” etc.. Not to sound condescending, but these are all stupid questions, and by reading this book, you will know why.

INTRODUCTION

If you practice what I preach in this book, I expect you to:

·BE IN THE TOP 1-5% of male population in both strength and muscle development.(if you are a woman, that would most likely be towards the top 1% if that is your goal)

·BE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER, MORE CONFIDENT AND MORE CAPABLE.

·FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THE GYM. (Have a better understanding of how to get results than 90% of the gym)*

·FEEL, LOOK, and BECOME a GYM BADASS (Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger and injury free.)

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

This course is written like I would speak to you if you were right in front of me. These are my words and I want you to have the benefit of hearing them as I would actually say them to you. I am passionate about results and sometimes that means I curse or go off on a tangent. Bear with me, there is a method to the madness. I don’t want you to read this and not want to jump out your F*cking seat and do the things I am telling you to do. I want you to read a suggestion I give you and IMMEDIATELY get up, and apply it.

Every chapter is going to have a “Too Long, Didn’t Read” (TLDR;). This is just a summary of what the chapter was about. It’s like a cheat sheet so you can refresh your memory or just get the main points of emphasis if you are too lazy to read. Also, there is A TON of info in here and I have tried to keep it as condensed and to the point as possible. If you want the scientific studies and all the LONG FORM stuff I went through to give you this condensed, researched, easy-to-use guide, check out the bibliography at the end. I have gathered a lot of the best resources I have found and have put them all together organized by topic in the back (RESOURCES) section. If there is a topic you want more info or to go more in depth with, please read those websites and books I suggest on those topics.

Throughout the book I will sometimes make generalizations or exaggerations or even assumptions about you the reader. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE. My goal is for you to succeed only. There WILL be some tough love, and sometimes I will call you out on your unproductive behavior. Trust me, I am doing this because I love you and I want you to succeed. Let’s just say, for some if not most of you reading this book; this is an INTERVENTION. We are trying to fix your bad habits or destructive behavior and replace it with productive and efficient ones. If you get mad at anything I say, just take a step back and examine why you are getting mad. Chances are you have a destructive behavior or attitude and your examining it will lead to its OBLITERATION (Hopefully…).

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Let’s get started,

If you are a true Beginner (def. in back)

If you are a Novice (def. in back)

If you are Experienced (def. in back)

If you are Veteran (def. in back)

If you are a Master(def. in back) I’m not sure why you bought this book, but I hope I still can teach you something. Just read through bullet points, TLDR;, and e-mail me if you have ideas on how I can improve this course! I know I don’t know everything, and it’s a constant goal of mine to keep learning. I will be updating this book with anything I find to get better or more efficient results.

What if I told you I would give you a Lamborghini for ¼ the MSRP? You would probably say,“Hell yea, B!”; but then I give you just the seats. You would feel ripped off right? You wasted $50-100k on some seats. What if I told you, most people approach the gym in the same way? They devote a month or so and then quit. Right before they would start seeing results they quit. You give a 4-month program a month’s worth of effort (or a week!) and expect the same results as if you had been diligent that whole time. If you aren’t willing to use 75%-80% of your effort for at-least 2 months, please ask me for a refund, this book will not work as intended. I’m dead serious. I have to establish a bare minimum and your success to be 100%.

Let’s pretend you get diagnosed with flesh-eating bacteria… You get prescribed a medication that will keep you alive. It calls for taking 1 pill daily for 2 months, are you going to stop taking it after the first week because you “are feeling better” or “don’t feel like the medication is working…” ???? Now just trade that “flesh-eating bacteria” for any of the following:

-Being Fat

-Being Skinny (it’s not always a good thing!)

-Being Small

-Being Weak

-Not Having a head-turning physique

Just give yourself 2 months to see the results for yourself. We are going to develop and refine skills and a skill set you will refine and apply for the rest of your life. It aint a hack it aint a trick and it doesn’t happen overnight.

----------------------------------------------END OF EXCERPT-----------------------------------------------

MODEST MILESTONE PROGRAM OUTLINE:

1.Table of Contents

2.Foreword

3. Introduction (explanation of book layout)

4. Quick Break-Down

-How to use the book

-How to follow programs etc.

-How to set realistic/achievable goals

5. Habits

-Why motivation is over-rated

-Why this is the most important section

-

6. Motivation (researched and practical applications)

-Simple motivation techniques

-Moderate

-Advanced techniques

7. Nutrition

-Basics

-How to escalate and adjust

-Optimal Nutrition for optimal results

8. Training

-Basics of training

-important principles

-Advanced techniques and progressing

9. Rest and Recovery

-Why this is important

-Why the rate of your recovery determines programming

-How to optimally recover

10. Supplements

-Current supplement market

-Which supplements are worth taking

-Cost /benefit breakdown analysis based on goals

11. Identifying Weak-points

-Reasons for plateaus

-why you suck at certain lifts

-How to address/ how to identify

-How to fix

12. The ACTUAL PROGRAM

-My suggested programs for certain goals

-Rankings from easy-optimal on various programs

-reviews of certain other programs

-Most importantly: START(i.e. get off your a$$)

13.Resources:

-Vocabulary

-Gym Pro-tips

-Gym Etiquette

- Shopping Lists

-Recommendations (equipment etc.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to follow me on Instagram for tips or to see what I am up to:
@brendendearie (Big Easy Bro)

D

Deleted37035

Update: Currently re-working structure and chapters.
writing the Nutrition and eating portion.

If anyone is reading this thread, what sort of stuff would you like ideally in this section?

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare

If anyone is reading this thread, what sort of stuff would you like ideally in this section?
Simplicity :)

(And please screw GOMAD for bulking if you haven't already and add A Dozen Eggs A Day!!)

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe

go through /r/fitness /r/bodybuilding and take a look at the top topics, it might give you an idea or two.

D

Deleted37035

go through /r/fitness /r/bodybuilding and take a look at the top topics, it might give you an idea or two.
Thanks for the advice, I've already done my research and know what I think is important. I was specifically reaching out to the MFL community to see what they would like, because they are pretty close to my "ideal" customer/target demographic.

I have participated in the r/fitness community, and it's not very helpful and most of them yell at people to "READ THE FAQ"
and spout hate personal trainers. In writing this book I hope to give a more in depth and USABLE guide for physique development and overall
health.

thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread.
Simplicity :)

(And please screw GOMAD for bulking if you haven't already and add A Dozen Eggs A Day!!)

Lol, yeah, this book is directed to NATURAL athletes. And I even have a section called "Bro-isms vs. Reality" where I dismantle bro science
and bad advice.

thanks for responding!

Betuterien

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 3, 2016
Hi, I'm interested in fitness.

The outline seems decent, while I voted for "How to get results in the Gym"

Because I like results.

I might as well suggest:

"The Beast Mode" or "The Beast System" or some variation.

bklusa1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 24, 2016
"Bigger, Faster, Stronger" already exists which I'm sure you're aware of from your research.... might want to steer clear of something too close in title.

Smoothsailor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Mar 21, 2016
New York
Hey, good luck with your experiment. Did you ever sell e-books before?

My feedback is, i'm into fitness and even to me your subjects seem technical. I think you need more metaphors like MJ's "driving" approach so it might appeal to the average Joe.

D

Deleted37035

Hey, good luck with your experiment. Did you ever sell e-books before?

My feedback is, i'm into fitness and even to me your subjects seem technical. I think you need more metaphors like MJ's "driving" approach so it might appeal to the average Joe.

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I was planning to give an update soon, and THAT was one of the things I had brainstormed would be important.
I really want it to be easy to understand for ANYONE, so I really appreciate you confirming and giving me your perspective.

"Bigger, Faster, Stronger" already exists which I'm sure you're aware of from your research.... might want to steer clear of something too close in title.

Not sure I follow... I know there is a book called "Bigger, Stronger, Leaner." by Mike Mathews, is that what you are referring to?
And yes, I am still debating on the title, I have a few I am considering, and I will have to test them to decide.

D

Deleted37035

UPDATE:
Here are the first 16 pages of my book.
As you can see it has had a substantial re-write. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT:
I have since removed the download attachment and have instead opted to go the route of early
Beta readers. Not really getting the amount of feedback I would like from this forum. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted37035

UPDATE:

Been working 70-80hrs a week and havent found much time for the book, but progress has been steady. About 80 pages in.
If anyone would like to read a BETA copy PM me.

D

Deleted37035

Finished Cover design, branding and simplifying. Working on formatting and getting ready for Kindle Publishing.

More to come....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.