The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Road To A Successful Dropshipping Journey?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Does anybody do dropshipping with success here? I know SEO & copywriting and a little bit of web design. Also, I'm familiar with advertising platforms such as Google and FB, so that bunch of skills (even when not perfect) sounds like a great off for dropshipping.

If you have found success in dropshipping, do you want to share? Also, what are the best learning resources (YT channels, courses, blogs)?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Does anybody do dropshipping with success here? I know SEO & copywriting and a little bit of web design. Also, I'm familiar with advertising platforms such as Google and FB, so that bunch of skills (even when not perfect) sounds like a great off for dropshipping.

If you have found success in dropshipping, do you want to share? Also, what are the best learning resources (YT channels, courses, blogs)?
Aliexpress is shit. Takes too long.
Thats told in short: if you find a source for goods with a realistic, good margin, than it can work, if not, than not.
Btw: at my recherches selling garages was most promising for me.
Ididn do it anyway.

Last edited:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I have had some success in the past with dropshipping.

One of my stores was doing $1000 a day in sales for a while. The biggest mistake I made was treating it like it would never stop.

Competition came in and shut me down. I went from $1000 days to 0 in a few weeks (actually negative cashflow, because of advertising costs and COGS)

There are PLENTY of free resources on youtube to get you started. I wouldn't buy a course that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Another piece of advice, Do not go into this with no cash. I would have 2-3 thousand dollars saved up that i'm willing to lose in order find something that works. Have an income and very little expenses so you can invest in your business.

Facebook, from my personal experience as well as seeing others say the same thing, is tougher than ever these days. I went 6 years without having an account banned, until 2 months ago. The account was so old, I probably had old ads that were now out of compliance get picked up by the algorithm. Point is: find new traffic sources. FB can work, TikTok seems to be where it's at now. I am going to experiment with tiktok.

Last, Don't let anyone in here shame you from pursuing dropshipping. It is a business model that big businesses like Walmart take advantage of. Arbitrage will always be around.

But don't get into this with the idea that you can go sell some random junk from aliexpress, and never do anything else. Thats how i got beat by the competition. As soon as you see a product is doing well, You should find a supplier who can get you fast shipping, as well as a manufacturer who you can work with to improve the product/expand your product line.

Treat it like a business, and not a "passive income" get rich quick with no effort scheme

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
I have had some success in the past with dropshipping.

One of my stores was doing $1000 a day in sales for a while. The biggest mistake I made was treating it like it would never stop.

Competition came in and shut me down. I went from $1000 days to 0 in a few weeks (actually negative cashflow, because of advertising costs and COGS)

There are PLENTY of free resources on youtube to get you started. I wouldn't buy a course that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Another piece of advice, Do not go into this with no cash. I would have 2-3 thousand dollars saved up that i'm willing to lose in order find something that works. Have an income and very little expenses so you can invest in your business.

Facebook, from my personal experience as well as seeing others say the same thing, is tougher than ever these days. I went 6 years without having an account banned, until 2 months ago. The account was so old, I probably had old ads that were now out of compliance get picked up by the algorithm. Point is: find new traffic sources. FB can work, TikTok seems to be where it's at now. I am going to experiment with tiktok.

Last, Don't let anyone in here shame you from pursuing dropshipping. It is a business model that big businesses like Walmart take advantage of. Arbitrage will always be around.

But don't get into this with the idea that you can go sell some random junk from aliexpress, and never do anything else. Thats how i got beat by the competition. As soon as you see a product is doing well, You should find a supplier who can get you fast shipping, as well as a manufacturer who you can work with to improve the product/expand your product line.

Treat it like a business, and not a "passive income" get rich quick with no effort scheme
Thanks for this answer i really appreciate for you to take the time!

Yes what i understand from many channels and opinions, this YT video is really great. Do you know it and if so, do you agree?

I don't care what anybody says as all business models can be done and are done, it's just how much work you're willing to put into it. I'm willing to do a lot. Also, I have low living expenses now and 2-3k for business.

Also, I've heard that TikTok ads are powerful now too. May I ask if you are doing dropshipping anymore? If not, what's on your desk nowadays?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.