The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best place to register an LLC + best registeration company

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
Hi,

I'm about to go into two real estate deals - one is going into a partnership on a lot in Williamsburg NY to build 8 apartments in about 18 months, the other is a large office building in Huston TX which will be renovated and turned into apartments.

I'm not a US resident. I'm a perpetual traveler and don't pay person income tax as I don't stay more than 3 months in any country, I've been doing this for 10 years.

Where is the best place to register an LLC that will hold these properties for me for the lowest taxes and fees? Delaware? TX? Nevada? I will need a local (USA) bank account or can the LLC account be in another country? Or can I have the LLC but run the money (in/out) from my personal account?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
The problem with a US LLC as a non-US resident is you need a social security number with many banks. I opened an account with Chase 5 years ago without an SSN. However, Wells Fargo needs an SSN. You can't do many transactions without one.

For LLCs: Nevada just due to volume of people who can help you by being a resident agent and getting signers so it's easy to switch.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I'm about to go into two real estate deals - one is going into a partnership on a lot in Williamsburg NY to build 8 apartments in about 18 months, the other is a large office building in Huston TX which will be renovated and turned into apartments.

I would consider doing a land trust for each property with a properly structured LLC as the trustee.

Where is the best place to register an LLC that will hold these properties for me for the lowest taxes and fees? Delaware? TX? Nevada? I will need a local (USA) bank account or can the LLC account be in another country? Or can I have the LLC but run the money (in/out) from my personal account?

I would use either NV or WY.

You would get an EIN (tax id#) for the LLC and this would be what you use to open the bank account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.