The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Camera for video creation?

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Hi folks,

I am in the video creation game and I love it. So far I have been using a rubbish camcorder and ipad. I want to step it up.

I am looking for:

all in one solution - ie hd video and high quality audio
Easily portable can be used outside
suits the selfie style of filming if it is possible to see yourself as well that would be a bonus
can be handheld or on a tripod
easily transferred to computer

Cheers. I am not knowledgeable about this at all. Would interested to know what your folks' setup is? Do you use a separate mic ect?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014

Any experience with it?

I am worried that's more for action filming and the audio can't be that great.

Maybe a good quality camcorder would be the best solution for now.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Any experience with it?

I am worried that's more for action filming and the audio can't be that great.

Maybe a good quality camcorder would be the best solution for now.

I think an iPhone would be fine. You can go with a DSLR also. You probably would need an external mic.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
I have friends that are successful in the Youtube world with hundreds of thousands of subscribers they have there Main Channels & Vlog Channels.

Here are the camera's most of them use.

Vlogging- Cannon G7x
Regular Videos DSLR- Cannon t3i w/ external mic. When they upgrade they go to Cannon 70D.

Hope this helps

fltrt521

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 6, 2015
Hi folks,

I am in the video creation game and I love it. So far I have been using a rubbish camcorder and ipad. I want to step it up.

I am looking for:

all in one solution - ie hd video and high quality audio
Easily portable can be used outside
suits the selfie style of filming if it is possible to see yourself as well that would be a bonus
can be handheld or on a tripod
easily transferred to computer

Cheers. I am not knowledgeable about this at all. Would interested to know what your folks' setup is? Do you use a separate mic ect?

I don't know what kind of video's you shoot, but I can tell you from experience that a smartphone, an inexpensive lavalier mic and some editing software like ScreenFlow are all you're going need to get started. That's how I started shooting my D.I.Y. videos a few years ago. I currently switch between my I-phone 5 and go-pro 4 silver edition along with some better quality mic's along with ScreenFlow and FinalCut Pro 10 for editing.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
I have friends that are successful in the Youtube world with hundreds of thousands of subscribers they have there Main Channels & Vlog Channels.

Here are the camera's most of them use.

Vlogging- Cannon G7x
Regular Videos DSLR- Cannon t3i w/ external mic. When they upgrade they go to Cannon 70D.

Hope this helps

Great suggestions. Do you know how it works with the g7x with batteries? It's not chargeable right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.