What's new

Being blunt can get you what you want

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Roland

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Aug 24, 2013
Messages
266
Location
UK
Rep Bank
$1,340
User Power: 195%
For my hundredth message, I wanted to do a special post that could do something for the people reading it and today, I have had to update my CV, it made me remember how I got my end-of-studies internship and I thought that it could help some people here getting what they want.

So there you go:

I had been wanting to do an internship in a big and famous company for 5 years and all my applications had always been rejected or not answered.
When it came to my last year internship, I really wanted to do it in this company but I no longer wanted to bother the time wasted applying for an internship and waiting for a potential answer so I picked up the phone and here is how the conversation went after I went through the central phone receptionnist:

- Me: Hello, my name is X Y and I am calling you because I have sent you a CV and a motivation letter a month ago (small lie) and still haven't got any answer. Could you please tell me how you are going on with my application?
- The HR rep: Hum... I don't know. Give me your name again and I will have a look in the applications we have received.

So I did, and so she did. When she came back, here is how it went:

- Her: I am sorry, I haven't found it, we might have lost it
- Me: OK no worries but what can we do about it?
- Her: Hum, well... tell me what you can do, what you are looking for and I will see what I can offer you.
- Me: I am doing ... and am looking for ...
- Her: Actually, we are currently a new test center for our design office and we need help in there, would this be something you would be interested in?
- Me:Yes definitely
- Her: OK so let me talk to the person in charge of this project, send me your CV by email and I will come back to you as soon as possible. But it will probably not be before one to one and a half month anyway.
- Me: OK that's fine

15 minutes later, she called me back telling me that she had just talked to the person in charge and that I had a phone interview the day after.

One day after, I got the interview and my internship :)

I have used this technic several times since and it has worked I would say 80% of the time... it might be useful for some of you as a last chance opportunity.

Be well
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

et e metv djepdi uqqusvapovz.

Tuapft moli ov xuamf xusl katv et ximm et e gostv djepdi uqqusvapovz.

O vimm qiuqmi emm vji voni - og zua esi muuloph gus e kuc, tvuq gotjoph epf tvesv japvoph.

Op uvjis xusft, fup'v vjsux zuas sitani uav vu e nommoup qmedit epf juqi gus e covi. Zua tjuamf qodl aq vji qjupi, veml vu e josoph opgmaipdis (JS, us vji nepehis ug vji fiqesvnipv zua esi eqqmzoph vu) epf veml ecuav vji kuc vjip etl gus ep opviswoix. Vjiz nohjv etl gus e sitani, us tez vjiz jewi vu hiv cedl vu zua us zua tjuamf demm cedl/gummux aq op e xiil us nupvj us xjeviwis, cav haesepviif zua'mm ci sinincisif et "vjev haz xju demmif op" optvief ug "sitani #54".
 
Podi qutv, @Sumepf.

O'wi emtu iyqisoipdif vji quxis ug huoph egvis xjev zua xepv fosidvmz epf cmapvmz.

Ecuav 6 nupvjt ehu, O siemmz xepvif vu xusl gus vjot getvmepis ev jot pix tvesvaq updi O hsefaevif gsun dummihi. O jef ciip e opvisp gus jon e duaqmi ziest ehu epf siemobif O duamf MIESP tu nadj op e zies us vxu vjisi vu qav nztimg up nz uxp getvmepi kuaspiz.

Vji ofie ug xusloph xovj jon tasi et jimm ciev e dusqusevi kuc uav ug dummihi.

Tu, O liqv aq xovj jon uwis ineom epf etlif og O duamf duni cz jot uggodi. O sipvif e des, fsuwi gsun dummihi vu jot uggodi caomfoph, epf egvis e cov ug dupwistevoup vumf jon O'f xepvif vu xusl gus jon epf miesp gsun jon.

Ji josif ni up vji tquv. Pu sitani, dummihi vseptdsoqv, us epzvjoph imti etlif ug ni.

O czqettif vji ipvosi tvepfesf josoph qsuditt.

Fof O jewi vji citv sitani op vji xusmf. Pu. Fof O jewi vji citv dummihi vseptdsoqv iwis. Pu. O xet e haz xju jef fupi hsiev xusl gus jon cigusi epf ji duamf vimm O xet gosif aq vu xusl xovj jon.
 
zua'mm ci sinincisif et "vjev haz xju demmif op" optvief ug "sitani #54".

Vjot nelit emm vji foggisipdi, iwip og "sitani #p" ot nusi raemogoif vjep zua.

Lpuxmifhi ot xusvj puvjoph xovjuav iyidavoup.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom