The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Be a Decision Maker

Anything related to matters of the mind

VegasMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 8, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
One often overlooked trademark of a successful person is that of being a good decision maker. Successful people are able to make concise decisions and quickly move on to the next task. They don’t linger on a thought and spend days thinking “what if this” or “what if that”. Indecisiveness is a weak quality to possess.

I’ve witnessed friends spending months trying to decide on a career move. They rattled off their pros and cons lists to me countless times. One day it was “I should do this”. The next day it was “but I really think I should…”. Mind you, they had likely already “checked out” of their job long before this.

I once quit a job in the middle of writing a yearly self evaluation. I was listing some concerns I had about the company and my department. I suddenly realized I had written the same concerns a year earlier and nothing had been done about them. I never finished writing that eval. I walked into my boss’s office and gave my notice. No next job lined up. No resumé up to date. I just decided it was best for me to move on and took immediate action on it.

Now, no one is ever going to make the correct decision 100% of the time, but successful individuals know how to counter the flawed ones. They adapt. They re-evaluate. They pivot.

In my case I was fortunate to land on my feet and begin a successful consulting business. But had I not, I was more than ready to do whatever it took to not regret my decision to quit. And I never have.

When you find yourself in doubt try to think back to what your initial gut reaction was. More than likely that’s the way to go. The human brain has a remarkable ability to simultaneously process massive amounts of data. It has come to a conclusion long before you’ve consciously thought it over.

I’ve seen it happen time and again at the poker tables. The action comes around to you and you’re in a tough spot and need to decide if the other guy has a hand or not. The gut knows he’s got it. You go back and forth. He raised here. He checked there. He bit his lip last time he had it. He didn’t this time. You “just know” he’s bluffing. You call. He smiles and rakes the monster pot his way. Trust your gut!

Not every decision you make as an entrepreneur is going to be an easy one. But break it down, trust your instincts, and take action. Use your Fastlane experience to pass up your competition while they’re busy mulling things over.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I couldn't agree more and this is definitely an area I need to improve on. I've spent days mulling over a decision I need to make and still do if I'm honest.

My wife calls me a schizophrenic businessman because I change my mind that often.

A lot of posts I make on here are generally advice on a decision I need to make and can't decide.

It's time I changed. Now. Right now.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I certainly did, I have a decision to make over two different software solutions I am considering using which has been dragging on for weeks.

I've have made an appointment today for Thursday with a company who created one of them and I will make a final decision by the end of Thursday!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.