What's new

Barcodes!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Talluer

PARKED
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
10
Rep Bank
$45
Hi guys! I don't post much here but read a fair bit. I had a strange question and thought that this might be the place to find my answer. So here it is..

I was looking into developing a mobile and web based application that uses bar codes to gather and catalog information. I've got a cool app on my iPhone that scans food label bar codes, it then displays and logs the info in a "daily nutrition" type chart. Helps with tracking calories, macro-nutrients and such. Super easy and very comprehensive, I really like it.

What I can't quite figure out is how they got access to all these bar codes? I have not been able to stump the app as of yet, it has everything! Is there some central registry where you can pull bar code information from? I did some reading on GS1 and what they offer bar code wise but what I need is a little different.

I want to do exactly what the nutrition app does but for another industry, user scans the bar code in store and the product comes up on their phone. I'm thinking about emailing the people that made that app. This is probably pretty simple but i've never heard it discussed before. I could approach retailers one by one, sell them on the idea and gain access to their bar code database but that sounds really slow.

I hope I explained my problem thoroughly. What do you guys think?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjisi esi qmipvz ug cesdufi eqqt vjev dep tdep iwiszvjoph.
E cesdufi ot katv pancist.
 
Raodl haitt ot vjev zua tohp aq epf vjiz howi zua EQO edditt. Vjip zua eqq huit uav up vji xic vu vjios tiswis epf muult aq vji AQD dufi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom