Hello all,
I work in the animal industry currently. Though I hate working for someone, I have learned things to give me an edge and I really understand the market(as far as what consurmers want),so I want to bring several facets of "pop culture" to this niche thats boiling with potential customers from children to the elderly.
There are many companies offering customizeable everything. Well I onder if i cn create a company offering the same thing(to a community that doesnt get targeted usually.)
Imagine vistaprint.. They offer pretty much everything you need as far as customizeables all the way to business cards.. Now the thing with them is they are broad and dont really target one specific niche over another which is awesome for a company large enough to handle that. I dont see many ads, commercial or hear them on tv n this particular sector.
I plan to utilize what they offer but pitch it to people in my industry but not as customizeables...i.e: t-shirt with relistic cat picture. My target customer would be happy just to have this specific cat on a shirt oblivious to the ease of creation. I will target trade shows etc. I could have a set number of base products and off personalized items for a premium.
I know this will work and there is a need for it, but am I infringing on a copyright/liscense there?
Should I as a customer to one of these large/vistatype companiesbuy in bulk a custom design then resell?.
I sincerely appreciate any advice or criticism.
Whether you think you can or cannot....You are RIGHT!
I work in the animal industry currently. Though I hate working for someone, I have learned things to give me an edge and I really understand the market(as far as what consurmers want),so I want to bring several facets of "pop culture" to this niche thats boiling with potential customers from children to the elderly.
There are many companies offering customizeable everything. Well I onder if i cn create a company offering the same thing(to a community that doesnt get targeted usually.)
Imagine vistaprint.. They offer pretty much everything you need as far as customizeables all the way to business cards.. Now the thing with them is they are broad and dont really target one specific niche over another which is awesome for a company large enough to handle that. I dont see many ads, commercial or hear them on tv n this particular sector.
I plan to utilize what they offer but pitch it to people in my industry but not as customizeables...i.e: t-shirt with relistic cat picture. My target customer would be happy just to have this specific cat on a shirt oblivious to the ease of creation. I will target trade shows etc. I could have a set number of base products and off personalized items for a premium.
I know this will work and there is a need for it, but am I infringing on a copyright/liscense there?
Should I as a customer to one of these large/vistatype companiesbuy in bulk a custom design then resell?.
I sincerely appreciate any advice or criticism.
Whether you think you can or cannot....You are RIGHT!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
