The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Automated or manual Sales price for my products

Marketing, social media, advertising

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Should i set a fixed price % profit margin i would like on my products or manually determine the cost price by comparing to other sellers on a regular basis?

For example - I have 150 products within the same niche, I would like to make 20% profit from the sales price ex tax. So if i sell £100,000 a month worth of products i'm guaranteed to make £20,000. However some of the products i know i can make more than 20% because of the competition prices so they may be marked up 28% or 30% for example.

What concerns me in the above example is that i'm the one making the decision to mark them up by more than 20%. I would be happy with 20% but if i can make more money then even better. That however violates Scale and concerns me. How can i get it to work without me and maintain the profit margins?

The only answer i can think of is that every time we re-purchase stock, we set the percentage at 20% and that's the price. If we paid less for the stock the sales price goes down, if we paid more the sales price goes up.

I'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.