The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Around a desk at work, should I learn to write copy of code? Or both?

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Hey guys, I currently work a 3 day, 8hr Secuirty job where I do nothing but sit in front of a computer.

I have tons of free time.

So I wanted to know, should I spend my time learning to write copy or lean to code? Or should I do both.

My goal is to start a SaaS website.

I would love some feed back. Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Hey guys, I currently work a 3 day, 8hr Secuirty job where I do nothing but sit in front of a computer.

I have tons of free time.

So I wanted to know, should I spend my time learning to write copy or lean to code? Or should I do both.

My goal is to start a SaaS website.

I would love some feed back. Thanks in advance.

Write HTML pages decorated using CSS in your spare time. HTML and CSS is remarkably easy (no pun intended - ah F*ck it, yes pun intended).

m500

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 3, 2015
United Kingdon
Neither.

Don't learn stuff for the sake of learning it. Learn what you need when you actually need it.

I would echo this. It makes sense and you'll also learn much quicker because you're trying to solve real world problems rather than working through tutorials with no definitive goal.

Having said that, thinking about your end goal of a Saas product, I wonder whether your time would be better spent researching, scoping the market and planning your product. I have no idea what your idea is but its likely that it would take you a long time to learn how to build this all on your own from a standing start. Especially if you're wanting to build a high quality product you can take to market.

It's just something to consider but maybe you could spend your time researching and planning the idea, decide if it's viable and if so get an expert to build the product to your brief.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.