Abel Morales
New Contributor
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2015
- Messages
- 9
Rep Bank
$140
$140
User Power: 178%
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for quality movies about work.
Personally, there are only two I can recommend, and I think there has to be tons more.
One, and it's my favorite movie, is A Most Violent Year, which came out in 2014. The entire film is about one man's ambition and desire to protect his work. There's tons of great lines that I think most of us here can appreciate like "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life and that, I can not do." Also, don't worry. It's not very violent. I saw some people disappointing about that.
My second recommendation would be 2013's Locke, starring Tom Hardy. In my opinion, it's not quite as good as A Most Violent Year but it's close, damn close. Only one person (Tom Hardy) has any screen time in this film, so it might not be for everybody, but it's awesome to see such an outstanding character who values his work more than 99.9% of the population, and IMO, doesn't go overboard with it.
So, can you think of any more movies where work plays a central theme in the film?
Personally, there are only two I can recommend, and I think there has to be tons more.
One, and it's my favorite movie, is A Most Violent Year, which came out in 2014. The entire film is about one man's ambition and desire to protect his work. There's tons of great lines that I think most of us here can appreciate like "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life and that, I can not do." Also, don't worry. It's not very violent. I saw some people disappointing about that.
My second recommendation would be 2013's Locke, starring Tom Hardy. In my opinion, it's not quite as good as A Most Violent Year but it's close, damn close. Only one person (Tom Hardy) has any screen time in this film, so it might not be for everybody, but it's awesome to see such an outstanding character who values his work more than 99.9% of the population, and IMO, doesn't go overboard with it.
So, can you think of any more movies where work plays a central theme in the film?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
