The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are residual commissions fast lane?

Is this fast lane?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jacobfk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 1, 2011
Georgia
Greetings, first time poster, long time lurker....

I have started working with an overseas manufacturing sourcing company and wanted to get some thoughts on the "fastlaneness" of this opportunity. I'll share all the details and would love to get your thoughts.

First an overview of what the company does...we takee your existing product or idea and find the best manufacturers to produce your product in Asia. We don't own any factories, but have relationships with over 300 manufacturing groups. Besides just finding a quality factory at a great price, we also have engineers in the US that can help develop products or reverse engineer a product you'd like to be producing. We also have graphic artist that can design packaging. We have an office in China that checks every shipment for quality control before it is shipped, as well as conducts spot checks in the factories during production. We handle every aspect of getting your product from the development phase to delivery at your door, including shipping and customs.

Our target market is basically anyone that sells a physical product, from mom and pop operations to fortune 500 companies. Obviously we can save a company major $$$ if they are currently buying their product from a US manufacture or distributor, but we have also had success with companies that are currently manufacturing in Asia, but their prices have increased or they just didn't shop around when selecting their current partners. In my limited time with this company I have gotten bids for some very skeptical business owners who were already producing in Asia, and every time they have been ecstatic with the results.

My job is to go out and find companies and get their products for bid. Once we get there, it's easy. So here are the basics for the fast lane portion of the opportunity:

First the positives
1) commissions are residual. I get a small (but not insignificant) check for every product submitted for bid, and I get a small percentage of every order that company places.
2) 99% of the sales are handled via phone/email. I can work from anywhere.
3) it is scalable because I can sell to most businesses on the PLANET
4) No $$$ investment on my part, meaning I can devote my capital to more real estate and/or launching my own company down the road.
5) I really enjoy it, every sales call I am presenting a "win" for the customer.

Now the negatives
1) I own nothing, there will be no big sale at the end of the rainbow.
2) although minimal, it does take some work/time... time that I could be devoting to something else.

So, what are your thoughts? Is this worth the time and effort like I think it is? Or should I be more concerned with what products I can have manufactured overseas for MY OWN company? I've been thinking that I could concentrate on this for a little while and try to build a base of residual commissions to help support my family when I quit my "day job" but that will take some time to develop.

All thoughts welcome! Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
If you can deliver value to customers as you say, you will have a valuable business. I may have a couple product ideas for you to source as well.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I love it. Residuals = Time. Build enough residuals and you won't need a "big sale".

I also think your business fills a strong need. Care to post a link?

Jacobfk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 1, 2011
Georgia
Thanks guys. I had a feeling that I was on to something...

Commoncents I looked for your email, but didn't see it. Drop me a line at jkellerhals@onestepsourcing.com if you want to submit something for bid or have any questions.

I'll post a link to the company below. Anyone that's interested can reach me at the email above or can use the website (can't guarantee that the rep you get will have read "Fastlane" though!). If I can help anyone out, we'll BOTH be happy.

OneStepSourcing - Your International Sourcing Partners

Although I'm not the business owner or webmaster, I would appreciate feedback on the website. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.