The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Apto Website Re-Design Review: BE BRUTAL

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
We are re-designing our website and optimizing more for search engines and organic traffic.

Please take a look:

Current website: Apto Hosting - Home
Updated website: Free Custom Small Business Websites, Built by Professional Web Designers

Please keep in mind it is not finished, these are the things we are still working on (and know looks ugly at the moment)

1) Font on home page
2) Bottom half of home page
3) Client area
4) Some of the link's are dead

However, I would appreciate any BRUTAL CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that would help improve the website (since this would be the time to make changes).

Thanks
Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
-In client area(login) make the "Remember Me" a label so you can click that to check the box.

-Client login on home page is in an iframe and redirects to the client login area only in the IFrame if details are wrong causing problems

-I'd remove the "Top Quality Gaurantee" and move the RSS feed button up there. The Top Quality Gaurantee shouldn't be something you need to tell people, it should be expected.

-The '-' in the footer for the Client Area is turned into '–'(stupid critism but since I saw it thought I'd mention it :p )

-"Free Custom Website" and then the 39$/mo right next to it seems contridictory. I think I know why you mean. As in you'd do their web design for free, right? I think that might cause problems for people just getting started though. Thinking you mean hosting is free. Probably be more of a pain for your customer service people than anything.

-On services page the Customer support section is missing a '/' on the 24/7/365

Just some things after a quick scan of it.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Great ideas so far, will implement them today...ya that top guarantee button is cheesy, and will be removed.

What do you think of header, logo, overall navigation scheme?

Thanks
Tom

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
i like the current website much more, its easier. There is too much text on the new one and its confusing. Considering you only get a few seconds to capture i would have left the second one. Just my honest opinion. also the "remember me" is a good idea.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
i like the current website much more, its easier. There is too much text on the new one and its confusing. Considering you only get a few seconds to capture i would have left the second one. Just my honest opinion. also the "remember me" is a good idea.

The issue with existing website is that I used it for just sending potential clients to it, since it is optimized just to take orders. However I need a site that will be able to convert in the search engines organically.

I can easily reduce the amount of text on the home page. However most feedback from users/clients of the existing site, is that there is not enough information about the services, branding/logo isn't there, website is not optimized.

What exactly is "confusing" about the new design, besides the excessive amount of text?

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
-"Free Custom Website" and then the 39$/mo right next to it seems contradictory.
x2 Looks like it would easily confuse a visitor. Especially if they click View Full Features, because it goes to pricing without mention of the free website.

• It might be a good idea to place the word hosting under $39.95/month on the home page. If that is what it is.

• How about under services change Informational Web Site to Informational Web Site Hosting and the same for E-Commerce Web Site. Then place free website with a green check beside it under them. That would aid in solving any confusion.

• The Live Chat button seems kind of small.
I give the new design a :thumbsup:

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
x2 Looks like it would easily confuse a visitor. Especially if they click View Full Features, because it goes to pricing without mention of the free website.

• It might be a good idea to place the word hosting under $39.95/month on the home page. If that is what it is.

• How about under services change Informational Web Site to Informational Web Site Hosting and the same for E-Commerce Web Site. Then place free website with a green check beside it under them. That would aid in solving any confusion.

• The Live Chat button seems kind of small.
I give the new design a :thumbsup:

Great ideas, I will add that into the website so it doesn't confuse potential clients. I will try out a couple different sizes for the live chat, I didn't want to make it too big and distract attention away from other more important elements.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.