The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone have experience selling a site for more than 200k?

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Hi,

Im looking for anyone knowledgable with selling a site for this kind of cash and above.
I'm not 100% selling... I just want to know where I stand now. What assets am I sitting with.

Firstly I have no idea what the value of my site is... Here are some top line stats

90k gross generated from products / affiliates since January
Costs $860 a month to run (including all content genertion)
Id be selling 3 sites including all 21 digital products
3 facebook accounts with total 15,000 targetted fans
20k plus targetted email list
Domains are PR4s
Main site is an authority site ranking on page 1 for nearly anything to do with product

Firstly is my estimate of around 200,000 accurate?

Secondly if i was to sell should I sell it as an auction on flippa or should I go with a broker?

Would I be better approaching other companies in my niche?

Its a small niche... Will that put off buyers... Or will I be limited to buyers in the same niche?

As I say I have no plans to flip tomorow but I have some new ideas in the next several months I might need to cash out so i can invest. I have several new products in the pipe so all the figures above could swing upwards.

Id appreciate any thoughts if anyone has any experience on this kind of thing?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Let the market decide:

Put your site for your absolute dream price on Flippa (and maybe add even +10% - 20% to that dream price) and see what happens.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Let the market decide:

Put your site for your absolute dream price on Flippa (and maybe add even +10% - 20% to that dream price) and see what happens.

Thanks for this! (sorry for delay I have been doing a bot of traveling).

As i said - I don't want to sell it right now. I would just like a valuation so i know what i am sitting on.

I know several companies out there who would kill for this kind of ranking and the email list in that niche... but would they really fork out that kind of cash - i'm unsure!

Would be great to MJ's thought's on this one :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Let the market decide:

This is not a sound strategy. The high end market on flippa is limited, so people remember the sites that are on there, and any valid buyers will have evaluated the site once it is listed. If it is not priced correctly it will get hammered with comments and probably not sell. If it doesnt sell and you come back with a lower price, people will just wait it out, seeing that you do want to sell it, and wait for a lower price. Unless it is a top brand that they would be silly not to buy.

What is your yearly gross/net revenues all in?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Costs $860 a month to run (including all content genertion)
Id be selling 3 sites including all 21 digital products
3 facebook accounts with total 15,000 targetted fans
20k plus targetted email list
Domains are PR4s
Main site is an authority site ranking on page 1 for nearly anything to do with product

Firstly is my estimate of around 200,000 accurate?

$200k sounds high to me.

If you are grossing $90k and have $10k expenses, your net is about $80k?

My guess based on what I see on flippa is that you'd get 1.2x-1.5x for it, $100k-$120k since it's affiliate and digital product based.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL

So that would mean you are doing around 180k a year correct? Or is this your first 6 months up and running, if so, I would say run it for another 6 months until you see a full years profit and then try and sell it for 200k

Kfleming

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 29, 2011
Philadelphia PA
I would not use Flippa for anything over 30 - 40k. I've sold a few sites on Flippa for between 50 and 200k but looking back I regret it because I could have gotten much more by hiring an investment banker to seek out the right buyer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.