The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone experienced self-doubts near the launch date?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
You're about to place the order for the batch of products after you've done your research and seen the samples, and you're about to launch soon.

During this period, have you guys had any self-doubts? I'm in this situation now (about to place the final order for products after checking samples), and now I'm like:

"What if I can't sell enough to cover the product order costs?"
"What if the ad cost to acquire one customer is too high?"
"What if I only earn US$30 in the first month, when will I become Unscripted ? 70 yrs from now or never?"

My concern is not so much whether I can make a single sale, because I'm confident that I can make at least 1 sale per month, but 1 sale is hardly enough.

The problem is, even with research and validation etc, no one in the world (even MJ Himself) can absolutely guarantee 100% that the outcome will be positive.

Nevertheless, I'm still going ahead to place the order to see what happens though.
Just wondering how you guys overcome this sort of thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wherethesunis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 14, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Hi man,

I totally get what you mean. I have always felt the same in similar situations and I still do, except now I now, how to react!

There is a cure: Go and read/hear Steven Pressfields "War Of Art" and "Do the work"!

There is only one thing to do now: do NOT think! Take ACTION!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Just wondering how you guys overcome this sort of thing.
What "sort of thing"? Running a business? You will always have uncertainties like that, not just in the beginning, and the stakes get higher the more your business grows. Just do it, start small and go step by step. Your confidence and ability to make decisions will improve along the way.

Kjbinatl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Congratulations! You're either about to succeed or learn from the experience you're embarking on.

You didn't sit on your butt playing video games and telling your buddies about this idea you had. You actually worked to sell something and even checked samples.

Advice? Push the buy button and celebrate! Right after you do it you will no longer be struggling to decide, you will be experiencing the consequence. If you need to check your numbers one more time before hand, do it, but then make the purchase and move to the next step.

Personally, I love that moment of jumping in. It means your trust yourself and it gets rid of a lot of extra work. The extra work of worrying about whether you're about to do the right thing. Because it's already done.

Check your numbers one more time, but then trust yourself and the decisions you made leading up to this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Thanks guys, I guess my decision was right after all.

You will always have uncertainties like that, not just in the beginning, and the stakes get higher the more your business grows.

I must admit this comes across as extremely surprising to me. I always assumed once a business starts making a few sales and takes off, everything will become smooth sailing with no worries from there. Guessed this is a reality wakeup call for me.

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
If you've done the research on the product, market/audience and have some sort of selling strategy in place all you can do is pull the trigger and jump in. If it fails, at least you learned some things. Usually what happens is it goes pretty slow at first and people get discouraged. Keep pushing, taking action and make the best decision you can at the time you have to make it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.