The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An INSANE Market!

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is insane! There's no two ways about. So far, it seems to be bombproof. Many second homes for actors, politicians, and the like. Lemme give you a taste:

Population: 14,810
Altitude: 9,280 feet
Median Home Price: $1,929,000
12-Month RE Sales: $729,829,435 (433 Properties, 143 Days on Market)
Current Inventory: $1,975,629,345 (714 Properties)
:wtf::coco::smx4:
Anybody else live in an insane market?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yeah, same here in the North Jersey suburbs of NYC.

Peter, there are A LOT of people from my area in the Boca/Delray and Palm Beach areas, too.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
Peter, there are A LOT of people from my area in the Boca/Delray and Palm Beach areas, too.

Real estate prices have gone down a lot all over Palm Beach county, but homes in the town of Palm Beach has continued to increase in value.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Real estate prices have gone down a lot all over Palm Beach county, but homes in the town of Palm Beach has continued to increase in value.
From what I saw, even during the boom, Boca/Delray prices were still substantially lower than up here in NJ. Boca/Delray seems pretty similar to our area in NJ, so I guess it makes sense to move down there for retirement -- warm weather, lower COL, similar lifestyle.

Guess that's why my parents can't wait for retirement.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Annual appreciation has been only about 2% this year.

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
I don't know much about RE but where I live (Concord, NC ) the market is really blowing up. New neighborhoods left and right, and the property values have increased a ton

zaiteku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 10, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
my mom bought a property in Wyoming a while ago. At the time I was like "what the @#%$ are you thinking?!, have you done the due diligence?!" She quietly said..."Yes".

Oh what a fool I have been...

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
^Well, depending on where she bought, you may still be right. Jackson is an isolated example, bolstered by enormous wealth and epic skiing. The rest of the state is desert and double-wides. ...Except some communities where oil and gas have created some overnight millionaires.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.