The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I getting in a slowlane business?

Idea threads

Entrepreneur05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 27, 2022
One day I was scrolling through a local sales foorum. There was a pizza/kebab truck listed for 13 000€ including everything from a oven to a freezer. What If for the price of a car, I began to sell food? There is a lot of competition, but with social media marketing and superior unexpected customer service it can be a success? No, it wont make me a millionaire, but it can make decent money. Share your thoughts about this idea!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
One day I was scrolling through a local sales foorum. There was a pizza/kebab truck listed for 13 000€ including everything from a oven to a freezer. What If for the price of a car, I began to sell food? There is a lot of competition, but with social media marketing and superior unexpected customer service it can be a success? No, it wont make me a millionaire, but it can make decent money. Share your thoughts about this idea!
If you can attract people and get them addicted like if your food are drugs, then go on. But, if you can't compete with the restaurants in your area (where you are selling), I advise you not to do that. What do you provide that the others can't and people wish they would? Is there anything better you would be doing than the ones already in your region? Is your relative value higher?

It can make you a millionaire if you attract the people with relative value. With time, you grow into more and more units.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thers a big differente in meat quality and rest of food quality.
And kebeb is much personal .
You can try it. But don’t do it over the price alone!

Entrepreneur05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 27, 2022
If you can attract people and get them addicted like if your food are drugs, then go on. But, if you can't compete with the restaurants in your area (where you are selling), I advise you not to do that. What do you provide that the others can't and people wish they would? Is there anything better you would be doing than the ones already in your region? Is your relative value higher?

It can make you a millionaire if you attract the people with relative value. With time, you grow into more and more units.
Thanks for the opinion my man

liams_bad_at_biz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
It's a truck, so it's mobile. Use that to your advantage. Is there events, festivals, weddings you can take it to? Resteraunts can't do that. Play to your strengths. Fastlane, slowlane or no lane it's experience

Entrepreneur05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 27, 2022
It's a truck, so it's mobile. Use that to your advantage. Is there events, festivals, weddings you can take it to? Resteraunts can't do that. Play to your strengths. Fastlane, slowlane or no lane it's experience
Youve got a point. All events are possible targets

Ayobami23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Sep 16, 2021

In that niches.i'm pretty sure if he does what the existing restaurant Haven't been doing before !
He may attract customers at first
But with time his competitors will observe the value he just added to the niche which will trigger them to adjust to it . lowering his existing customers.just look for a business that's some how hard to start that's where value skew works at it's best .

You'll have it in mind that even if your competitors adjust to your skewed values .it will just be the less competitors you're competing with .

If the business is regional Entry and scale is one commandments needed to be obeyed to get the best out of fastlane .

Last edited:

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Aug 9, 2019
If you make it good you can become a multi millionare from food trucks.
Make a good product, save up another 13000€ and buy another truck. Now you can get the 3rd truck in half the time.
Payment is easy enough since you wont be handling any cash. My advice is to use iZettle.

Just make sure you have a cool concept that make you stand out from everybody else.
Like if my memory serves me right. There is a Korean street-food truck chain in the US that has been valued at like hundreds of millions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.