The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aggregation business model. Need help refining!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jr.khan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 5, 2022
Hi all, reaching out for some help. I have created a courier aggregation site that will list local couriers in my city. On the site customers (i.e individual, small business owners) will submit a form that will give info on their shipment and this info will be sent to all the couriers for them to create a quote based on the information that was given. then the customers will choose which one works best for them.

I need help on a few things:

How to formulate an agreement between my company and the couriers
How much should I charge per lead (I wont be charging unless the lead leads to a transaction)
How can I make the interaction between my self and the courier easier ?

Thank you in advance! If you own a lead gen / aggregator site please let me know if I am overlooking anything!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fstop314

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 13, 2018
How much should I charge per lead (I wont be charging unless the lead leads to a transaction)

Depends on your business cost + profit / number of leads
You do need to think about "why" the couriers would pay you. Do you make it easier for them to get leads? Do they get good paying leads? And same for the customer, why do they use your platform? You make it easier for them to find couriers? What do you do when a courier causes trouble for the lead?

Taking into consideration how to reduce friction, reduce emotional cost, give people time back, help them earn money, then "how much" you charge a lead is irrelevant. The more value you provide, the more you can ask back within reason.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Hi all, reaching out for some help. I have created a courier aggregation site that will list local couriers in my city. On the site customers (i.e individual, small business owners) will submit a form that will give info on their shipment and this info will be sent to all the couriers for them to create a quote based on the information that was given. then the customers will choose which one works best for them.

I need help on a few things:

How to formulate an agreement between my company and the couriers
How can I make the interaction between my self and the courier easier ?

Thank you in advance! If you own a lead gen / aggregator site please let me know if I am overlooking anything!
I have worked in the integration of couriers estimations with some websites, most couriers don't require a special agreement to be able to query them for estimation, you just need to sign up as a business or something like that (depending on your courier ).
The courier will not give you a commission for directing someone to ship with them, however, you can add your fees on top of estimated fees and handle the transaction internally.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.