The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

danbucknam

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

Much respect and homage to the many bright and motivated people who frequent this forum. My background is in Graphic Design and Animation. I have developed and managed websites / E-commerce sites and created graphics print / web / motion / catalogs in the past. I a big fan of the MJ books. I owned a buisiness selling fish oil for dogs. Embarking and learning about the world of Affiliate Marketing. Also, I am available for freelance work if anyne has a need for US based graphic design / web design / animation.

I am reading about the different types of affliate marketing I am hoping to have a discussion about the pros and cons of each. I am in the early stages. Would be very grateful for any advice or guidance in the area or industry.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My affiliate marketing advice is to STOP, my advice is to start a real business that you control and direct.

I mention this in Fastlane and every single book I've written; I'm not sure how it continues to be ignored, among other advice therein that is continually ignored or worse, corrupted into "dropshipping" "freelancing" and "crypto."

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'm not sure how it continues to be ignored, among other advice therein that is continually ignored or worse, corrupted into "dropshipping" "freelancing" and "crypto."

The promise of it being easy.

I mean, clearly, you don't have to do anything to get rich with affiliate marketing or dropshipping. It's just "share this link and you make money!"

:smile2:

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hello,

Much respect and homage to the many bright and motivated people who frequent this forum. My background is in Graphic Design and Animation. I have developed and managed websites / E-commerce sites and created graphics print / web / motion / catalogs in the past. I a big fan of the MJ books. I owned a buisiness selling fish oil for dogs. Embarking and learning about the world of Affiliate Marketing. Also, I am available for freelance work if anyne has a need for US based graphic design / web design / animation.

I am reading about the different types of affliate marketing I am hoping to have a discussion about the pros and cons of each. I am in the early stages. Would be very grateful for any advice or guidance in the area or industry.
"I am reading about the different types of affliate marketing I am hoping to have a discussion about the pros and cons of each."

Affiliate Programs
Pros. It easy to sign up.
Cons. 1. You are rewarded only for direct referrals, but not for indirect referrals.
2. As MJ pointed out, you do not have any control in AP.
3. You need high traffic to your website.

Referral Programs (1st generation)
Pros. It easy to sign up.
Cons. 1. You are rewarded only for direct referrals, but not for indirect referrals.
2. As MJ pointed out, you do not have any control.

Revenue and Income Sharing Programs (2nd and 3rd generations of referral programs)

Pros. 1. It easy to sign up.
2. You get two streams of income. The first stream is from your direct referrals (active stream). The second stream is from indirect referrals (passive income).
3. Income may be comparable to income from employment.
Cons. 1. You have some control, but depend on other businesses.
2. Not many businesses have such programs.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I use affiliate marketing. It makes me richer.
But affiliate marketing did not make me rich.

Lebron James does TV commercials. TV commercials makes Lebron richer.
But TV commercials is not what made Lebron rich.

Can anyone see this simple, clear distinction?

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I use affiliate marketing. It makes me richer.
But affiliate marketing did not make me rich.

Lebron James does TV commercials. TV commercials makes Lebron richer.
But TV commercials is not what made Lebron rich.

Can anyone see this simple, clear distinction?
"Can anyone see this simple, clear distinction?"

You use many income streams. A single income stream makes you richer, but not rich.
Your portfolio of all income streams make you rich.

In other words you do not put all eggs into one basket.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
"Can anyone see this simple, clear distinction?"

You use many income streams. A single income stream makes you richer, but not rich.
Your portfolio of all income streams make you rich.

In other words you do not put all eggs into one basket.
That's not it.
Affiliate marketing is just a job, it will generate income for you to live on but that's it. It will never generate an asymmetrical return so that you may in a few years retire on millions of dollars. It will always be a job, no matter how well it pays (and even at the highest levels you will never reach millionaire status, the people who offered you the program will).

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
That's not it.
Affiliate marketing is just a job, it will generate income for you to live on but that's it. It will never generate an asymmetrical return so that you may in a few years retire on millions of dollars. It will always be a job, no matter how well it pays (and even at the highest levels you will never reach millionaire status, the people who offered you the program will).
"Affiliate marketing is just a job"

It is not a job. It is true that you need to put some efforts to have a website with high traffic, but once you have it, you do not put a lot of efforts to earn from affiliate, referral, income sharing, etc. programs.

If your site has 1 million visitors each day from which 1,000 buy products via an affiliate link and generate $1,000 per day (=~$30,000/month=$360,000/year) you have passive income to enjoy some good life style.

The problem is that this income depends on the traffic and the merchants, which is outside of your control. If the traffic diminishes or the merchants change their payments terms, you income may decrease or disapear.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.