- Joined
- Sep 8, 2013
- Messages
- 194
Rep Bank
$1,175
$1,175
User Power: 154%
Hi everyone,
I have been participating in the 30 day copyrighting challenge. I recently was let go from my slow lane job. I side hustle of mine has been repairing electric guitar amps. Not fastlane but much more profit per hour than anything else I've done. It's time to step it up if I want eat and have a roof over our heads, so I thought I would apply what I have already learned about copywriting to a Craigslist ad to attract more business.
If you wouldn't mind reading it and critiquing it, not just for my current situation but for me to learn how to write copy better. Thanks in advance!
Title: Does your guitar amp sound bad?
Post:
Does your guitar amp sound bad? Or maybe it doesn't make any sound at all! Whatever the case may be, you'd be much happier if your vintage Fender went from clean to bluesy to creamy distorted as you turned up the volume knob, sounding like it did when it left Fullerton in 1965. Or maybe your Marshall does not make the roar it used to - it's lost its clarity, crunch and punch!
Right now you're looking around Craigslist because you want something more. Maybe a different amp. Your not happy with your current setup, but you've shopped around and replacing your amp is out of reach financially. I've got good news for you - you may not need a new amp!
I'm sure you've noticed that your guitar strings start to sound dull after a while and eventually need replacement. It's no different with the parts inside your amp, although this happens over the course of years instead weeks. It happens so gradually that you don't even notice it, until one day you find you're no longer happy with how it sounds. This is the same amp you paid your hard earned money for because you thought it rocked!
What should you do? It may time for you to have your amp serviced. Tubes get weak, capacitors fail, resistors drift in value - your amp still works, but it just doesn't sound right. The good news is that 95% of the time, having your amp repaired by a qualified amp tech is much cheaper than replacing your amp! But who do you take your amp to? You're looking for someone who is experienced, able to have your amp repaired and back to you in a reasonable amount of time, and loves bringing guitar amps back to their full glory.
My name is Eric. I'm a guitarist and electronics tech who is passionate about guitar amps. I have been repairing, modifying and building guitar amps for over 20 years. I repair Fender, Marshall, Vox, Ampeg, Mesa-Booge, Orange, Magnatone, Crate, Peavey, or anything else with tubes! - I get excited about making your amp sound good again!
When your amp is on my test bench, it gets treated as if it were my own (and I like my amps in mint condition). For only $65 (one and two channel amps) , I thoroughly check over your amp's circuitry, not only find find out what is sucking tone but to watch out for anything else that might become a problem in the near future. Control pots, jacks and tube sockets are cleaned, sockets are tightened, visible solder joints are inspected and power output (wattage) is checked. I will then contact you with estimate for repairs before spending any more of your money and perform only the repairs you authorize. Most amps are finished within one to two weeks. Repairs to your amp will be backed by a 6 month warranty on parts and labor, 90 days on new tubes. Who else does that?!?
You can be certain your amp is going to sound great, retain its value and your not going to have worry about the embarrassment of your amp failing on stage.
Come on, your amp isn't going to start sounding better on it's on.
Don't wait! Call me now to set up an appointment at 555-1212
Or email me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you!
-----/End of ad-----
Let me if anything could be better, I'd appreciate it!
Eric
I have been participating in the 30 day copyrighting challenge. I recently was let go from my slow lane job. I side hustle of mine has been repairing electric guitar amps. Not fastlane but much more profit per hour than anything else I've done. It's time to step it up if I want eat and have a roof over our heads, so I thought I would apply what I have already learned about copywriting to a Craigslist ad to attract more business.
If you wouldn't mind reading it and critiquing it, not just for my current situation but for me to learn how to write copy better. Thanks in advance!
Title: Does your guitar amp sound bad?
Post:
Does your guitar amp sound bad? Or maybe it doesn't make any sound at all! Whatever the case may be, you'd be much happier if your vintage Fender went from clean to bluesy to creamy distorted as you turned up the volume knob, sounding like it did when it left Fullerton in 1965. Or maybe your Marshall does not make the roar it used to - it's lost its clarity, crunch and punch!
Right now you're looking around Craigslist because you want something more. Maybe a different amp. Your not happy with your current setup, but you've shopped around and replacing your amp is out of reach financially. I've got good news for you - you may not need a new amp!
I'm sure you've noticed that your guitar strings start to sound dull after a while and eventually need replacement. It's no different with the parts inside your amp, although this happens over the course of years instead weeks. It happens so gradually that you don't even notice it, until one day you find you're no longer happy with how it sounds. This is the same amp you paid your hard earned money for because you thought it rocked!
What should you do? It may time for you to have your amp serviced. Tubes get weak, capacitors fail, resistors drift in value - your amp still works, but it just doesn't sound right. The good news is that 95% of the time, having your amp repaired by a qualified amp tech is much cheaper than replacing your amp! But who do you take your amp to? You're looking for someone who is experienced, able to have your amp repaired and back to you in a reasonable amount of time, and loves bringing guitar amps back to their full glory.
My name is Eric. I'm a guitarist and electronics tech who is passionate about guitar amps. I have been repairing, modifying and building guitar amps for over 20 years. I repair Fender, Marshall, Vox, Ampeg, Mesa-Booge, Orange, Magnatone, Crate, Peavey, or anything else with tubes! - I get excited about making your amp sound good again!
When your amp is on my test bench, it gets treated as if it were my own (and I like my amps in mint condition). For only $65 (one and two channel amps) , I thoroughly check over your amp's circuitry, not only find find out what is sucking tone but to watch out for anything else that might become a problem in the near future. Control pots, jacks and tube sockets are cleaned, sockets are tightened, visible solder joints are inspected and power output (wattage) is checked. I will then contact you with estimate for repairs before spending any more of your money and perform only the repairs you authorize. Most amps are finished within one to two weeks. Repairs to your amp will be backed by a 6 month warranty on parts and labor, 90 days on new tubes. Who else does that?!?
You can be certain your amp is going to sound great, retain its value and your not going to have worry about the embarrassment of your amp failing on stage.
Come on, your amp isn't going to start sounding better on it's on.
Don't wait! Call me now to set up an appointment at 555-1212
Or email me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you!
-----/End of ad-----
Let me if anything could be better, I'd appreciate it!
Eric
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
