What's new

A Small Cup Of Motivation Monday For You... "I'm Not Ready"

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

JDRose

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
7
Rep Bank
$140
User Power: 186%
As the sands of time continue to blow by, I got to thinking (a scary thought to some)...I am not ready to jump into something new. I am not ready to leave the life I live. I am not ready to start building the website I have envisioned in my mind the past few months. I am not ready to fully commit. I wasn't ready for my grandpa to pass away. I am not ready to put my pride aside. I am not ready for/to (do) this....I am not ready for/to (do) that...

It hit me last night as I was reading...

Lets take this conversation to the African Safari...envision yourself as a gazelle* just grazing along the plains with your gazelle friends..y'all have just left the watering hole and are now ready for a long day of relaxing and stuffing your face with the greenest of green grass....with a small breeze of wind brushing across the plains...you get a hint of danger and all of a sudden you look up and see a lioness staring directly into your eyes...

Time stops.

(move to super slow motion) before the grass can fall out of your mouth from your jaw dropping, your mind is calculating your chances of survival with a fight or flight reflex. With approximately .01 seconds to determine the escape route, your brain has already sent out information to your muscles to get the hell out of there on the safest route possible. You drop down and kick it in high gear and you end up going 60 MPH within 3 seconds and you make it to safety. You stand there on high alert and get accountability of all your friends. Unfortunately one of your friends had gotten caught..(moment of silence)..and then when you are on high alert from the sting of getting taken by surprise, you look back at everything you did, right or wrong.

Regardless of what you did, at the end of the day, you are still alive. You get to live another day and continue trying to accomplish what you have set out to be. The gazelle did not tell the lioness to stop and attack at a better time when it was ready. Opportunity attacks when it is ready, not you.

Ok lets go back to our homes, office, or wherever you are reading this at. (time to get something to eat, the Safari wore me out haha :wacky:)

Truth is, we are never going to be ready when that opportunity is at our doorstep. Truth is, I am not ready, but I am going to do it. I am going to call my relatives and friends more often. I am going to start this website. I am going to jump in. I am. I am. I am.

How You React when opportunity presents itself will determine where it can take you, and eventually you will have full control of the wheel.

The best time to start was yesterday. So quit putting it off and just jump in. Sometimes you won't be able to stick your toe in to test the water out.

*I know everyone wants to be the lion, but for this post, you aren't lol
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom