I'm working on one venture currently that has huge growth potential, but in my spare time I've had some thoughts about starting an e-business.
I'm thinking about having a web site built that reviews different venues (race tracks to be exact) and allows past users the opportunity to post their experience. I have my own background in race tracks and motor sports in general and I've field tested this idea and I've had good responses by potential viewers.
My profit is coming from offering tickets to each venue reviewed from an affiliate site. I also would offer links to fan gear which would create income too.
My problem is that I started doing the numbers and the best rate I can get is 7% per ticket sold. So basically after someone buys a $75 ticket, I profit $5.25.
After a $500+ web design fee plus my marketing budget, would this site be profitable? Should I install Adsense to increase my income?
It may not sound too fastlane from the numbers but I believe the actual idea is fastlane. It's innovative and it benefits fans. I wish I had something similar before I spent $400+ on tickets to a race that was completely boring at a track in a bad area.
I wish I could sell tickets directly but I'm not able to do that since one big ticket company handles all of the tickets outside of buying tickets directly from each track. Does this offer profit potential? Is there anything I can do to make it increase profits?
I'm thinking about having a web site built that reviews different venues (race tracks to be exact) and allows past users the opportunity to post their experience. I have my own background in race tracks and motor sports in general and I've field tested this idea and I've had good responses by potential viewers.
My profit is coming from offering tickets to each venue reviewed from an affiliate site. I also would offer links to fan gear which would create income too.
My problem is that I started doing the numbers and the best rate I can get is 7% per ticket sold. So basically after someone buys a $75 ticket, I profit $5.25.
After a $500+ web design fee plus my marketing budget, would this site be profitable? Should I install Adsense to increase my income?
It may not sound too fastlane from the numbers but I believe the actual idea is fastlane. It's innovative and it benefits fans. I wish I had something similar before I spent $400+ on tickets to a race that was completely boring at a track in a bad area.
I wish I could sell tickets directly but I'm not able to do that since one big ticket company handles all of the tickets outside of buying tickets directly from each track. Does this offer profit potential? Is there anything I can do to make it increase profits?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
